A First For The 7000

I was detecting an old ground sluiced area with the 7000. Lots of exposed bedrock, rock piles and been detected thousands of time with every detector type ever built. The perfect spot for the Z. I had found 3 pretty nice nuggets so I was actually paying attention for a change when I passed my coil over a HUGE rattle snake! It was about 23 feet long, as big around as a utility pole, it's eyes looked like the turn signals on my Jeep, it's fangs looked like two railroad spikes and his rattles sounded like a chin saw. I nearly set a record for the "standing backward broad jump" but lost several points for poor form. I picked up the 7000, my head phones, my pick, my self and my pride and took another look at the rattler. My initial estimate as to it's size was somewhat high but the dang thing was still 4'+. The snakes patron saint (Fredus Masonus) was looking after him and I left him to his claim.

That is the first time I have gotten that close to a rattle snake while detecting and, of course, I am blaming the 7000.

• Like 8

It was because you were in a gold-induced trance that you had a vision...it was probably just a branch!

I have waved my detectors over a couple of branches that suddenly became r-snakes...

I thank you, his mother thanks you and he thanks you....

for letting the poor little guy go his own way.

fred

You sure that snake wasnt 4' + 40%? LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For a moment there I thought it sounded like a modern-day politician out sun bathing in California. :wacko: