6000 First Impressions

madtuna

That had to be a lot of digging to get all of those bits out of the ground.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 1

just guessing here, but  doubt that you would get that many scratches on top of the coil if it was all bought new, so my guess is he bought the unit 2nd hand, and it's still valid what he says it is his first impressions of using the 6000

well done anyway Steve and you'll be kept busy for a long time going back over you old 7000/x-coils patches 😊

cheers dave

• Like 2

Yep Dave, I bought it second hand. It was 6 weeks old when I got it. The plastic is fine and most of that will scrub off. But yep, poking it under a lot of bushes plus pushing dirt and rocks across the top will scratch a coil in quick time.

My nugget finders, minelab, x-coils all look the same in short order. I don’t care what it looks like, I just care that is works and works it does!

The reason for the sale was it was a bucket list trip…done and dusted and the guy had a ball!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

yes mate I know what you mean, we don't wrap our detectors in cotton wool either, they are work tools not toys and have a job to do, I mean we don't bash them around either.

we still have a 7000 each but sold the 4500 recently, and sometime before next WA trip we will quite likely get something to replace the 4500, I just can't imagine selling a 7000 at this stage though  😃

cheers dave

• Like 3

Yeah I`m in the same boat, the Z and its X coils aren`t being sold, especially the Z/X17CC combo it will have its day again once the property owner annually burns sections of crazy grass growth we`ve had here in FNQ these last few years. The 6Ks a SDC on steroids, sniffs out those scraps at unbelievable depths, especially with the 10x5 Goldhawk coil, its proving to be even more sensitive to those bread and butter scraps, would really love a X small elliptical CC coil for it to handle pushing through the FNQ grass.

• Like 3