Here's Something You Don't Find Every Day!

Nice one, SwiftSword. I've found lots of Model T stuff, a couple keys, a bunch of hubcaps (my avatar), and lots of Schrader valves 😵 yours is truly cool! 👍 Thanks for posting such a unique find.

• Like 1

Some of those cars sell for over $100,000, you only have another ton of metal to find! 😀

I repeat though, very unusual. Looking forward to anything else you find in that place. Should be good if it's not hard hit by others.

What a great find. I've heard use white glue and thin it with water. Put it on the item and it soaks in stabilizing the item. Might have to do a few times. Not supposed to see it. Try it on something else first. Also the white glue can be removed soaking it in water.

• Like 1

That is probably one of the rarest things anyone will find detecting. The production figures on that model can't be too high.

• Like 3

The cars were not that uncommon, but the hood ornaments were sold as an option; this was one of a few styles to choose from. I expect most people stuck with the plain, flat cap. 
Still, the ornament doesn't seem to be outrage rare, there's one on offer at ebay for $799, and another one sold there today for $106. 

But I don't expect I'll find another hood ornament in my lifetime, so I'm over the moon with this one! 

See my guy here: 

28-essex-super6_dv-18-wwh-01-800.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.fafee6d7e79b0129566c98eb2be38748.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.92f0ce873d2351d20fef90ab096dee31.jpeg

• Like 3