All Metal Mode

My vote would also go for the T2 in AM mode,if i want extreme depth on larger artefacts then i use either my SEF 15x12 or 17x15 BIG Nel coil on the T2,that is of course when i want some decent depth on larger target,but for everyday use the T2 with the Sharpshooter coil also in AM mode as well.

• Like 4

Minelab GPX 5000, and if PI isn't playing nice on the site I grab White's XLT which has the all metal "Mixed Mode", a hybrid of all metal/disc, best of both worlds, brings all metal depth and discrimination by VDI tone to the field, which allows your final discrimination to be done by your ears and that thing in between them, just how I like.

• Like 1

I've always kind of liked the Tesoro Cortes all metal mode.   It has an overshoot null that makes it easy to tell when you come off target.  You get the normal ramp up in threshold but as soon as the signal peaks and the ramp down starts the threshold nulls until one of two things happens; the threshold resets, or another target is detected.   It can be handy when there is a bunch of targets.

Its basically a flawed design but it can be useful at times and I spent a lot of time with it over the years and just accepted it as a feature.

HH

Mike

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the size of the target. For huge targets a two box detector. For coin to fist size targets a GPX 5000 with large coil or a GPZ 7000 with large coil. For max depth on items smaller than a coin, I’d probably go with a GPX 6000 or GPZ 7000 with appropriate coil.

If you meant VLF, F75 all metal modes, including static all metal, are excellent.

• Like 3

You can use Mxt pro, Spectra V3, Garret GTI2500, AKA Signum,... or Rutus Alter71 or Atrex... these detectors are made and have very well adjustable Allmetal, or Mix Mode...
the basis of an all-metal detector is a very stable threshold and Sat and VCO settings... and of course a strong static mode ....is important...

I personally mostly use Mix mode in these..- which is a combination of static and discriminative mode...-

• Like 3

Gold Racer here, the ID's are solid to the extent of the audio, boost mode if your not sure if your hearing a fringe target.

• Like 4

Both the Minelab Excalibur and the Fisher AQ are much deeper in All Metal. Both work best when a quality head set (helmet) is used....  in AM.

Using discrimination on either will loose you several inches of depth.

• Like 3