The Silver Slayer Strikes Again... And Something Odd

I agree with NCtoad on the angel block, but I'm no authority either. 👍 Cool find.

A few months ago I might have thought you were taunting me like Doggo was doing with silver Roosevelts, he's a funny guy and an inspiration. 😀 Again it's nice to see SS doing its job. Good one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I agree with NCtoad on the angel block, but I'm no authority either. 👍 Cool find.

A few months ago I might have thought you were taunting me like Doggo was doing with silver Roosevelts, he's a funny guy and an inspiration. 😀 Again it's nice to see SS doing its job. Good one!

Thanks! No taunt from me, this is only my 2nd Rosie! 😉

• Haha 1

Looks very much like 1/2 of a belt buckle similar to the one I found online.

Yes mine has different images on it but it shows both pieces of the buckle.

Cherub Children Bacchantes Figures Harvesting the Grapes image 1

The back has the same lines on them that hold the belt to this buckle.

These are cherubs as the image where yours has an angel.

Sorry I could not find the exact item, but I am tired tonight.

• Like 5

Forgot to say nice hunt and great find, now go back and get the rest of the buckle.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

• Like 1

Interesting buckle. Notice that it has a boarder edge.   I think printing block is still more likely. It would be heavier than a buckle also.

• Like 3

I tend to agree with the printing plate idea. It has no connecting points for a two piece or even one piece buckle that I can see. Also it is flat, not curved, heavy, and made of lead so I think that would have been very uncomfortable to wear if it was a buckle.

On a happy note, I found out that the lost key fob that we were searching for was found! The nice lady found it in her house, in one of her boots that she hasn't worn since last winter, when she put the boots on to take her dog out in the recent cold weather. So there's another happy ending! 😉

• Like 3