Need A VLF ? Deus 2 Orx Legend Equinox Nugget Air Tests

• The title was changed to Need A VLF ? Deus 2 Orx Legend Equinox Nugget Air Tests

I don't have an Orx or a legend so I kinda skimmed over the chart when you put it up and my take was that I have the right detector (Nox 800) for hunting small nuggets. So thanks for doing that testing as its very informative even though its air tests... Im with you on the Deus 2 for the price it should have a better gold program. I bought it for relic hunting and thats all I've used it for so far. I have a feeling that XP is taking so long to release the next version because they have seen your posts and are working on the gold program 🙂

strick

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just ran across this thread this morning.  Looks like a lot of work, Jeff -- thanks for all that.  The Deus 2 with 9" coil at 45.4 kHz does rather well for the larger gold pieces (is that a tiny gold coin from Africa?) relative the the Equinox and Legend, but not so much for smaller pieces.  Are we seeing the effect of coil size (small coil better for tiny pieces; larger coil better for intermediate mass pieces)?  Not wanting to pile on more work for you but the 5"x10" NOX coil on the Equinox would likely answer my question.  Also, is the ORX coil circular or elliptical?

• Like 3

Burundi gold coin. I tested 9” Deus 2 FMF coil versus 9” HF round coil on the ORX. The HF elliptical coil runs at 14, 31 and 81 kHz so it is not a good comparison with the Deus 2 FMF 9” and I don’t have one anyway.

When Nokta release their 10x5”, I will do another chart versus the Equinox with the Coiltek 10X5”.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice testing Jeff 👍

Interesting that for the most part, the Legend and the EQX800 reigned supreme in your testing. 

• Like 2

I think anyone with a Nox knows just how well it does on tiny gold, the only detector that will hit smaller is the GB2 that I've seen, although in the real world outside of air testing the Nox just works so much better than the GB2 for depth as the nuggets grow in size.  It's hard to beat that little GB2 coil though, best gold coil on any VLF I've owned.

IMG_20191224_123037.thumb.jpg.fcc69a8c0aa3cf23228028a260feb025.jpg

I have a Deus with 9.5x5" HF coil on it's way to me, so I can't wait to give that a burl with 81kHz and see how it compares for me on tiny gold vs the Nox, 24k and GB2.  I don't bother with the GM anymore, the others are better, the GM is just too bump sensitive to be enjoyable in rocky areas.  It will also be interesting when my Manticore arrives with it's 50% more coil power, I just hope they release the 8x5.5" coil at the same time as the detector.

• Like 6

Hey Jeff- Hope you’re doing well, but if you’re laid up and have more time to kill,  I have a suggestion - How about putting the data in the chart on something like Excel or Google sheets? It would be pretty cool to see a graph of that data!  

…If you can’t do it I have some students who are just learning about how to graph information that may be able to help out!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Hey Jeff- Hope you’re doing well, but if you’re laid up and have more time to kill,  I have a suggestion - How about putting the data in the chart on something like Excel or Google sheets? It would be pretty cool to see a graph of that data!  

…If you can’t do it I have some students who are just learning about how to graph information that may be able to help out!

I'd say "Go for it, AU!"  I could do it but why not have someone learn something in the process?

• Like 2