Need A VLF ? Deus 2 Orx Legend Equinox Nugget Air Tests

12 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Hey Jeff- Hope you’re doing well, but if you’re laid up and have more time to kill,  I have a suggestion - How about putting the data in the chart on something like Excel or Google sheets? It would be pretty cool to see a graph of that data!  

…If you can’t do it I have some students who are just learning about how to graph information that may be able to help out!

I am definitely not an Excel or Google sheet guy.  I can draw a chart by hand......it ain't happening on a computer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff - Thank you for all this work and sharing your results.  Also, I hope you heal fast and are back in the field as soon as possible.

GotAU - Great idea. I had a minute, so I took a crack at it. It would be great to see what your students produce, too. 

If there are any errors here let me know and I will fix them.

image.thumb.png.e152363a207e833bdd858b1711909269.png

image.thumb.png.bbb70c3f2855de112865a47eb2b2e74d.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Lynk said:

Jeff - Thank you for all this work and sharing your results.  Also, I hope you heal fast and are back in the field as soon as possible.

GotAU - Great idea. I had a minute, so I took a crack at it. It would be great to see what your students produce, too. 

If there are any errors here let me know and I will fix them.

image.thumb.png.e152363a207e833bdd858b1711909269.png

image.thumb.png.bbb70c3f2855de112865a47eb2b2e74d.png

Nice job!  Reminds me of the days when @Mike Hillisdid all the great C$ charts and graphs 👍

@Lynk could you make this downloadable? 

• Like 2

And sad true story is the Deus 2 was promoted early on as being a Equinox killer on small gold. It took me less than 15 minutes with both to see that was not the case, so no surprises here for me. That’s not to say the D2 won’t find gold nuggets. It will, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. But it’s not setting any new standards in that regard, plain and simple as that, despite what the boosters said.

• Like 5

Lynk well done thanks for the effort. It would be great if you can post a copy of your work in an excel file. I am sure there is other data that can be extracted from yours's and Jeff McClendon detail project. Got Au suggestion was a great idea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And sad true story is the Deus 2 was promoted early on as being a Equinox killer on small gold. It took me less than 15 minutes with both to see that was not the case, so no surprises here for me. That’s not to say the D2 won’t find gold nuggets. It will, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. But it’s not setting any new standards in that regard, plain and simple as that, despite what the boosters said.

To say that the EQX800 raised the bar would be to state the obvious. 

It's interesting that everyone else is in catch up mode, some successful and some not.  With the Manticore around the corner, things could get really interesting.

• Like 6

I never thought from day one that XP had an inherent interest in undermining the ORX or even the Deus 1 by removing the one clear area where they are superior. That was confirmed to me almost immediately when Gary said HF coils for D2 are unlikely. It’s not because they can’t, it’s because they won’t. People in general simply don’t understand the industry. There is no business reason for any company to build “one detector to rule them all” and become single detector companies. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I never thought from day one that XP had an inherent interest in undermining the ORX or even the Deus 1 by removing the one clear area where they are superior. That was confirmed to me almost immediately when Gary said HF coils for D2 are unlikely. It’s not because they can’t, it’s because they won’t. People in general simply don’t understand the industry. There is no business reason for any company to build “one detector to rule them all” and become single detector companies. 

I guess we're just going have to agree to agree on that point. 👍 

Though regarding the small HF coil form factor, there may indeed be technical roadblocks involved - I don't think they can make the coils meet the D2 20-meter dive spec with internal batteries as the D1/Orx HF coils utilize external batteries.  But there really is no absolute need to make the small elliptical dive rated IMO, so I conclude it likely IS a conscious business decision at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the time and effort spent to test and report to us on the results of your testing of the various new SMF machines.  :biggrin:

Your results reflect what I quickly noticed between my own Equinox 800 and XP Deus 2 with regards to sensitivity to tiny gold nuggets.  I'm quite happy with the D2 for coin and jewelry searching, so I don't mind it can't easily see sub .25gr nuggets. 

Anybody serious about nugget hunting should definitely go for either a Nox or Legend.  I figured that out after 1 day of nugget hunting with my D2.  It just didn't quite perform as well as I would have liked out in the field on my nugget patch.

• Like 1