Gotau's GPX 6000 Shaft Twist Remedy

phrunt

Now that I own a 'Critta' aftermarket stem lock and shaft, I dont need this fix BUT.....I have the orig ML shaft and stem setup leftover after the changeover for use with the 14DD.....or maybe with my 'good' 11M once I (someday) receive the NF 12x7 mono. No sense it leaving the old stem setup unused. The O ring is a cheap fix and makes perfect sense. 

• Like 1

Just me again,  got my 6000 in July 21, screwed the crap out of the lock bizzos , never changed again.  Hasn't moved since.  Maybe minor adjustments.?😂 Anyway never had all the problems everyone else has complaining about.  Just checked 11" stock coil cracked! They will both go back and get  the up grade  while still under still warranty  . Bring on the nuggetfinders🙂. Wasn't that  long ago people were saying we don't care if there not as sensitive , just need one that'll fit here and fit there. Well welcome to the real world. I love my coilteks , they work when nothing else will in this Mongrel wet red dirt . Less sensitively the better for me! Anyway 2 many JD's 4 me so I'll get off the soap box , cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

Glad to have helped, Simon! Now you can put those nut grinders away! 😀

-Anthony 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

phrunt, thanks for describing how to install the o-rings on the 6000 shaft, works great. 

• Like 2

It's GotAU gets the credit for this one, I've since changed mine to the correct size O-ring and now I can use my shaft just as if the o-ring wasn't there and its just as easy to adjust as original but I have next to no twist at all, it takes a lot to cause twisting.

Perfect solution, it seems like the shaft was made to have the o-rings in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1