My Aftermarket Stand Broke….

NCtoad

So, I had a few minutes today to mess around with a no nonsense Deus 1/ORX/ Deus 2 stand idea since I can almost walk and we have 6" of snow on the ground. I wanted to try something that would in no way alter my Deus 2's arm cuff/built in stand in case I decide to move on from Deus 2 in the future (doubtful since I really like it but I never know......).

I cut a 3" PVC pipe section that was also 3" wide in half and continued to trim it until it sat flat on a flat surface while fitting snug underneath the rounded area under the arm cuff's legs. The two notches on the bottom of my 9" round FMF coil were also sitting flat and stable with the coil itself perpendicular to the flat surface. The area underneath the hand grip with the two screws that is usually touching the ground poorly was just barely touching. That size pipe sat flat underneath the arm cuff very nicely when I trimmed the PVC pipe's "feet" at a shallow angle. I taped it to the arm cuff's legs with strong black tape and then used two sturdy zip ties to secure it nice and tight. This looks ugly but it is very stable on a flat surface and PVC is definitely stronger than the plastic used in 3D printers. I will get to try it out for real soon hopefully.

I doubt this will work using Deus 1 or the ORX and the HF elliptical coil. 

I only have the Deus 2 9" coil so it may need adjusting for an 11"

I usually have my lower shaft between setting 1 and 2. This worked with the shaft all the way to setting 3. Shortening the shaft to "dive" mode...........the arm cuff is a couple of inches off the ground so definitely not for wet work.

DSCN0398.jpeg

DSCN0400.jpeg

DSCN0399.jpeg

• Like 4