120 Year Old Silver Coins Found Metal Detecting Old West Ghost Town With XP Deus 2

Thanks for sharing your settings Andy. That deus 2 in the fast program is a eye opener.  A while back I had hunted a small area with the Nox 800 and small elliptical coil. Basically a carpet of nails in a burned out old house...then went back over the area an hour later with the Deus 2 in fast and pulled 3 wheat pennies out where I had got nothing before...

strick 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strick said:

Thanks for sharing your settings Andy. That deus 2 in the fast program is a eye opener.  A while back I had hunted a small area with the Nox 800 and small elliptical coil. Basically a carpet of nails in a burned out old house...then went back over the area an hour later with the Deus 2 in fast and pulled 3 wheat pennies out where I had got nothing before...

strick 

Got to agree with you there. I've had similar experiences with the Nox and Deus. I've gotten to the point that I like each one for different sites. Usually will go with the Nox in parks or relic hunting in fields where finds are more spread out and the Deus 2 in the trashy sites.

• Like 2

Well done Andrew...you've had quite a year!  Couldn't agree more...that fast program can really expose those well masked targets in ways most other machine's can't match.  I was surprised how effective it was at moderate depth running Fast.  

Zincoln

• Like 3

Holy cow that was a great hunt! Thanks for taking us along and thanks for posting your settings. I'm also finding notched Fast is a winner for unmasking and going surprizingly deep. I could have used your Ghost program yesterday at an old coal mining ghost town, but I still had fun! 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Holy cow that was a great hunt! Thanks for taking us along and thanks for posting your settings. I'm also finding notched Fast is a winner for unmasking and going surprizingly deep. I could have used your Ghost program yesterday at an old coal mining ghost town, but I still had fun! 😎

Glad you liked the video. Notch is definitely a game changer. One thing about my program is that you can take the bottle cap and silencer to zero if the flat tin it's too much of a problem. Doing that will allow the Deus to separate a little better in just nails.

• Like 1

Andrew, 

In the video you ask about those annoying round zinc items that I find tend to show up in bunches near old bars.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words....Found in Northern Nevada.  Circa 1900+/-.   I'd noticed many had a hole in them and I'd speculated they were pried out of something, and one day i found this broken top of a bottle that beeped!  My guess is they had a factory operation/machine that pressed them into the neck to seat/seal them. 

I've still been told I'm wrong by one long time detector and forum owner...but will let you be the judge. 

20221028_070621.thumb.jpg.a23ed22f7206e65dfa624af33719a5b0.jpg

20221028_070613.thumb.jpg.db2b8cf360d3caa14ed1739207332f82.jpg

• Like 1

Hutchison bottle stopper?

3 hours ago, Zincoln said:

Andrew, 

In the video you ask about those annoying round zinc items that I find tend to show up in bunches near old bars.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words....Found in Northern Nevada.  Circa 1900+/-.   I'd noticed many had a hole in them and I'd speculated they were pried out of something, and one day i found this broken top of a bottle that beeped!  My guess is they had a factory operation/machine that pressed them into the neck to seat/seal them. 

I've still been told I'm wrong by one long time detector and forum owner...but will let you be the judge. 

20221028_070621.thumb.jpg.a23ed22f7206e65dfa624af33719a5b0.jpg

20221028_070613.thumb.jpg.db2b8cf360d3caa14ed1739207332f82.jpg

Oh man that answers the question perfectly! I'm glad someone has finally been able to provide me with a visual so I know what those caps were used for. Thanks Zincoln!