An Adventure That Ended Well

16 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That second piece of farm machinery might have originally had steel wheels, too, and got retrofitted with the tire+wheel set.

I agree with C_C -- not very likely part of a religious person's garb.  (Didn't the Romans feed Christians to the lions? 😲)  Pretty sure Scoville made many buttons for civilian use over the years so maybe just a coincidence that it dates to the CW.  Nice find, regardless. 

Excellent research that paid off.

Thanks GB. I'm thinking more that is a Greek figure on that button, still looking but not finding much. Scovill was a big business for sure.

I've got a couple more adventures coming up when it gets colder. Saw some pretty big spiders kicking around, I'll probably wait a bit more, or do them late winter. Pretty sure the snakes are still around too. 🙄

• Like 1

Nice finds Bob!   Maybe as winter gets here the weeds will die out enough around that barn to get a search coil in there.  With finding two silvers inside, there’s a good chance of finding more around the exterior perimeter.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Nice finds Bob!   Maybe as winter gets here the weeds will die out enough around that barn to get a search coil in there.  With finding two silvers inside, there’s a good chance of finding more around the exterior perimeter.  

Thanks NC, I do plan to go back. It's all small growth, mostly papaya. I'm thinking late winter/early spring. Thankfully there are a couple of deer paths that go in or it would be inaccessible. There are huge hedges of briar, and a deep trench with a concrete wall directly in front. Behind that is all low growth but it's thick.