Beautiful Barber That Has Been Underfoot And Coil For 50 Years

We'll have to make it a point to meet up next time Monte has an outing in NV. Looks like the next one might be in the Winnemucca area. Yea at this point in the game I would pass on a V3i. Like you said there are lighter units available. It could be interesting if Garrett would take it to the next level though, then I might consider one.

• Like 3

It's a treat to find a coin amongst the iron, especially in a heavily hunted area. And such a key date and mint mark! Well done!

• Thanks 1

Great save on the coins and the silver looks very nice.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

That's a nice Barber. Nice with the s mints coming out of the ground.

• Thanks 1

zincoln, with all these great saves, i have to say you would have been an awesome hockey goalie if you had played !

Congrats on another awesome find. And with an unapproved detector.  LOL.   👍

5 hours ago, UtahRich said:

zincoln, with all these great saves, i have to say you would have been an awesome hockey goalie if you had played !

Congrats on another awesome find. And with an unapproved detector.  LOL.   👍

Thx Rich.  Yeah, amazing I find my way out of the park w/ that V3i, right:-)  Oh well, I'm a firm believer that mixing up detectors and coils exposes things that other combos miss...and I don't see any V3i's running around here, so maybe it's an advantage?

Well done on the jewelry this last month.  You've been on quite the tear!  Looking forward to seeing you something next Spring/Summer!

Brian

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Zincoln, some fantastic hunting in the iron, and it's nice to see you were rewarded with some fantastic results!

Steve

Has been awhile so decided to pop over here and what do I see....a success story with the V3i, the very V3i that has haunted me the last 5-6 years. The day I was there with ya, and I get a V nickel and you popped your 1st Barber quarter, or the time I got a 1919 wheat and 8 feet away ya pop a 76 Seated Quarter and the list goes on and on lol. It pains me, but congrats on that nice quarter find  🙂

3 hours ago, OregonGregg said:

Has been awhile so decided to pop over here and what do I see....a success story with the V3i, the very V3i that has haunted me the last 5-6 years. The day I was there with ya, and I get a V nickel and you popped your 1st Barber quarter, or the time I got a 1919 wheat and 8 feet away ya pop a 76 Seated Quarter and the list goes on and on lol. It pains me, but congrats on that nice quarter find  🙂

Gregg - I save those epic moments just for you.   Lots of endless hours of nothing in between!  I recall more than a few butt kickings from you along the way.  That Red Racer and Core certainly put more than a few seated dimes and tokens in your binder, on days when I was left to 'admire' your finds.  

• Like 1