Another Hunter..

Not sure about you but I like to keep a close eye on my competitors.. This herd includes islanders as well as folk from the mainland, including people from a Townsville metal detecting group of which I'm a member.. My main competitor on the island lives in the back of this van and often beats me on early morning coins hunts (with his X-Terra 705), whilst detectorists from my club will let me know when they're on the island and I'll help them out with the latest info on the best places to hunt.. I never sandbag anyone as the beaches are public, it works both ways as mainland folk also show me their favourite spots.. 

But today a new hunter landed on the island, someone who looks suspiciously like a poacher.. Now I know you're thinking 'pot, kettle, black' but this dude scares me.. The photos were taken by a friend coming off the early morning ferry, she's a bit of a secret squirrel and send them with a message saying 'Beware!'.. She followed him to see who would pick him up outside the terminal but he hopped on a bus.. He looks like he's on a serious mission, if I bump into him tomorrow morning I'll sound him out a bit better.. At least from behind he looks like an approachable sort of fella..     

306009834_799815084462846_2050052711602058249_n.jpg

312444037_798638351370859_1047553331653892448_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Oh my! 1

Make sure that you have your scuba gear on when he hits the beach, sneak up behind him and drag him into the water to show him some new spots. after about 20 minutes of holding him down I think he will give up hunting your areas.

Good luck and good hunting.

Remember this was only a suggestion or a joke which ever keeps you out of trouble sa I won't say anything to get you in trouble.

• Haha 3

You never know but I would be more concerned if his scoop had more signs of wear like a ground down tip. Personally, I don't like to see other hunters where I hunt but there are often newbies who don't have local knowledge or experience. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Fishing bobber in one of his bags.  Appears to be someone on a vacation/holiday to me.  On second thought, looks a lot like geof_junk....  Hmmm.  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Won't be long before he follows you into the surf with the Nox and drowns it anyway... 🤔 That 15 will pull it right down.

• Like 2

I don’t quite know how to respond. I believe we were all newbies at one time or another. And as you said, no one owns the beaches. I myself applaud him for striking out for new territory and being adventurous. Who knows, he may become a good friend someday. Your friend seems to be a bit of a nervous Nellie to me. Anyway, where I’m from you must rely on your skills to out preform the many detectorist that come and go here daily. That Equinox opened up a whole new breed of hunters here in VA. Beach as a new pirate shows up almost every day. The winter time seems to weed them out though and things return as it was years ago. Dry suits and winter weather is quite peaceful here, but come spring, sure as rain, the NOX hunters will be back again. Lol. Good luck in all your adventures.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Carolina said:

That Equinox opened up a whole new breed of hunters here in VA. Beach

Did @dogodog and I run into you when we were "pillaging the booty" at VA Beach? 🤔 He had an Equinox, I had a Deus 2. 😀 🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Did @dogodog and I run into you when we were "pillaging the booty" at VA Beach? 🤔 He had an Equinox, I had a Deus 2. 😀 🏴‍☠️

I do not believe so. I run a D2 most of the time since February of this year. Trying to learn it. I imagine we did see one another just didn’t talk. Maybe next time I will have the pleasure.  Take care.

• Like 3

I noticed the same thing about lots of new beach hunters on Florida beaches swinging the Nox. But after observing a lot of them, a lot seem clueless to hunting ocean beaches and are no real threat to the locals.

• Like 4