Just Recieved 24K

DSMITH

29 minutes ago, snakejim said:

They shouldn't fall out. Something is broken or missing.

I agree

I have been in touch with Gerry already this morning

and please do not take me wrong I am in no way complaining about the 24K, sheet happens everyday and I do not sweat the small stuff, i believe Garret will take care of it and it is not like I cannot go out and try it out the way it is once I put the two white pieces back in it the cam lock still tighten up and hold, I just have to be aware not to loosen them in the field while detecting so not to loose them LOL

Yup, I believe they're a bit of an afterthought as feet, maybe Whites hadn't considered feet or that's the feet they supplied and as it's basically the Whites body that's the feet you get, they appear to stick on well, mine show no signs of wanting to fall off and work well as feet. 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:30 PM, DSMITH said:

I agree

I have been in touch with Gerry already this morning

and please do not take me wrong I am in no way complaining about the 24K, sheet happens everyday and I do not sweat the small stuff, i believe Garret will take care of it and it is not like I cannot go out and try it out the way it is once I put the two white pieces back in it the cam lock still tighten up and hold, I just have to be aware not to loosen them in the field while detecting so not to loose them LOL

Unlike the Garrett Detectors, the White's Cam Locks are not supposed to be completely disassembled unless for cleaning, repair, or replacement.  You simply twist them, press the buttons, and pull the rods out!

Walt

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 1:23 AM, phrunt said:

Yup, I believe they're a bit of an afterthought as feet, maybe Whites hadn't considered feet or that's the feet they supplied and as it's basically the Whites body that's the feet you get, they appear to stick on well, mine show no signs of wanting to fall off and work well as feet. 

They were included with just about every "Black Boxed" Whites detector unless it came with the metal stand instead.  Some actually had white squares painted on the bottom to show you where to put them.

Walt

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 9:22 PM, DSMITH said:

Also phrunt can you tell me what the two little rubber blocks are for with the sticky backs almost makes me think they are small feet that sticks to the bottom of the battery compartment for a sort of stand but not sure there is no mention of them in the owners manual

F905EF1E-A6C9-401D-815E-C333877BD0C0.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, Bohemia Miner said:

They were included with just about every "Black Boxed" Whites detector unless it came with the metal stand instead.  Some actually had white squares painted on the bottom to show you where to put them.

Walt

Yup, every White's black box detector sold in the last decade came with a set. And yes, it's in the manuals. I don't really like them on the 24K and so I'm glad it's more an optional item.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yup, every White's black box detector sold in the last decade came with a set. And yes, it's in the manuals. I don't really like them on the 24K and so I'm glad it's more an optional item.

I put them on and it makes the machine fall over easier so will probably remove them.

Walt

• Like 1