Garrett Axiom Software Update Gets A Little More Depth And Au For Us

16 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

I’m going to wait… personal experience here. It’s possible that the testers have completely different units than the ones the general public will get

That’s the basic fact of the matter. The only units that matter will be the final shipping product, and anything else, including what I have now, will end up in the trash bin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That’s the basic fact of the matter. The only units that matter will be the final shipping product, and anything else, including what I have now, will end up in the trash bin.

That’s exactly why the testing part is so important, what you guys did was groundbreaking but you had no control over what came out after it. I am OK waiting though, I’m not planning on changing anything for a while as I really haven’t done mine any justice in the field. I’m really happy that I was able to get it updated and I am getting a new round plastic ice cream cover part for it as well. 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, noob said:

Kellyco claims to have 2 in stock

They must have Harry Potters wand......:biggrin:

This late in the year I'll wait until spring. If I could have had one for Diggin in Virginia and tried it out for relics it would have been worth getting one. But not going to sit on it all Winter now. Will probably pick one up about April if they can keep them in stock if not no biggie I can wait.

27 minutes ago, noob said:

I'm not going to post a link to it as I'm not a fan of Kellyco but they have "2 preorder" spots in stock, their web store software must not have functionality to take pre-orders so they've marked it has having 2 detectors in stock, but they're Pre-order detectors not real actual detectors.    It's a bit dodgy and confusing but I understand why they've done it that way.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm not going to post a link to it as I'm not a fan of Kellyco but they have "2 preorder" spots in stock, their web store software must not have functionality to take pre-orders so they've marked it has having 2 detectors in stock, but they're Pre-order detectors not real actual detectors.    It's a bit dodgy and confusing but I understand why they've done it that way.

And pay full price for a pre-order? Talk about dodgy if something happens. A deposit is perfectly ok, but I’d prefer not paying full if a dealer can go with that as well, definitely the way to go for honest to goodness service!

• Like 2

I hope someone who does lots of testing in terms of comparing performance between machines gets one and reports back with direct comparisons to the 6000. In particular I'm curious about EMI at max gain and depth.

I was all for getting one myself, but now that I have a working 6000, it's kinda hard to justify taking the loss on it unless there is a compelling performance reason to make it worth it, especially since I'd be using in AZ where depth matters more often. So I guess I'm holding off for now. This thread makes me curious with the update and depth increase though.

2 hours ago, GotAU? said:

And pay for a pre-order? Talk about dodgy. None of the well-known dealers here have done that, definitely the way to go for honest to goodness service!

I believe a dealer on this forum is doing exactly that.  I’m not going to say but a quick search will.

4 hours ago, noob said:

The LRL version?

• Haha 2