Half Dollar #4 Fty!

Wow, nice finds NC! I like the little toy car. I've found quite a few model T hubcaps, guess they didn't stay on well 😀 V nickel to boot, you got it all. 👍 

Pretty sure you're using the Deus, but not Silver Slayer. Modified relic or just general?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice work Toad. Ive only ever got one Barber Half and it was stained pretty good. The one you got there looks to be in great shape. Liking that car as well. I keep the old antique toy cars..the modern ones go in the trash or give to a kid if there is one near by. Is that a ring in the photo as well? 

strick 

• Like 3

Nice job NC, I just love Barber 1/2's!!!  I've found a few of those and each time my heart bumps and thumps pretty hard. I have a habit of detecting areas where large tree stumps were removed and always do well after the grinder cultivates the area. I'm happy for you, they are great finds for sure. It wont be your last.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well that is neat. I dug my first Barber Half this afternoon. Also 1901. No mint mark & very worn. Also a 1888 S  Liberty Seated Dime in Good condition, No date Buffalo Nickel & 2 No date Wheats. Our shovels match too!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work Toad. Ive only ever got one Barber Half and it was stained pretty good. The one you got there looks to be in great shape. Liking that car as well. I keep the old antique toy cars..the modern ones go in the trash or give to a kid if there is one near by. Is that a ring in the photo as well? 

strick 

Thanks Strick!  That thing that looks like a ring is (I think), a piece of an old odometer from a car or tractor.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JCR said:

Well that is neat. I dug my first Barber Half this afternoon. Also 1901. No mint mark & very worn. Also a 1888 S  Liberty Seated Dime in Good condition, No date Buffalo Nickel & 2 No date Wheats. Our shovels match too!

Wow, that’s crazy!  The one I got has an O mint mark.  From what I could find out it’s a semi-key date.  I have yet to find a seated coin!

• Like 2

Nice job, persistence pays off in spades in this hobby!

For some odd reason a Barber half has eluded me.   I've dug a bust half, several seated halfs, several walkers, Franklin's , and a few Kennedy's.  Heck I've dug key date and semi key date barber dimes and quarters, but the dang half just doesn't want to show itself haha  Oh well, one of these days when I least expect it, it'll turn up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great finds and nice saves.

Seems like you find a lot of those cars when you are hunting.

Was that a ring I seen of something else as I could not make it out.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1