Manticore Swing Speed

rled2005

I watched a YouTube video demonstration, it was somewhere in Europe, and these different people had a turn at searching/detecting with the Manticore across an open field. They were swinging so fast, it looked like they were trying to get to the train before it left. The coil was about 3-5 inches above the ground and no overlapping at all. It looked kind of hilarious. I swing about 2-3 seconds in one direction. These guys were about 1.5 seconds in both directions. I hope a person doesn't have to swing the Manticore that fast to use it properly.

• Like 2

They were just fooling around testing the machine...did you not realize that?  If buying a new car I may take it to a parking lot and do some maneuvers just to see how it handles. 

strick

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 10:34 AM, strick said:

If buying a new car I may take it to a parking lot and do some maneuvers just to see how it handles. 

I like my doughnuts extra smokey!!😁👍👍

20221126_065800.jpg

• Haha 4

Seriously though,

A detector with the ability to swing fast, and still capture targets, is one of my main requirements for beach hunting! Low and slow is fine, once you get to where the targets begin to group, but you have to locate those areas first! And that generally requires a fair amount of walking, as some of the best spots are not close to parking areas!! Reading the constantly changing conditions is part of that! The Nox, and a several others do that quite nicely! And I'm sure the "Core" will too!

Swing speed is not the main problem i see of other's detecting! It's the massive "Golf" swing that is a target killer!! Having the coil at swing apex, twelve inches or more, off the deck, is a big no-no! But I see it all the time, and it just means more possible targets for me!👍👍

• Like 5