Grip Angle Adapter

Sinclair

Never beeing satisfied with Noxies ergonomics, I‘ve finally designed an grip angle adapter. With the adapter, the angle equals approx. the one on the Deus. The hand stays at the middle of the grip, and doesn‘t start to wander up.

Time will tell, if it is any better on the long run. While it‘s maybe not perfect, I‘m quite happy how it came out.. I‘m no CAD guy at all ..

37-F0-A8-F5-0-AD4-4033-9-B3-D-53035-AC81CFF3-CE06-2693-44-DB-A983-5-DE6-F66046-AE02-E574-D-1046-43-F5-9-AA2-39726-F6-B31B315711-B-291-B-49-EC-90-E8-3-BEAFAE632-8537-F73-F-CF14-4497-A505-C2-A521-A028-C38-E1-E7-F6-5-B59-4-A9-C-B8-E7-9-C909647FEEF6207-9744-4-F62-BF13-BFF0317-C49-B2.

• Like 9

Awesome, great job on the angle adapter! Now if someone could come up with an adapter to make the Noxie’s grip feel like the one on the Legend we would be in business!

On 10/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Nicely done. Please let us know how it swings. 🙂

I've been out 2,5h with the new adapter. It definitely swings like a different machine. The hand doesn't walk up the grip anymore. No "snap finger problems" anymore. It feels more "floaty" - maybe a tad too loose, because you loose a lot of pressure on the armrest. Perhaps moving the armrest a bit towards the grip will fix that, I didn't have tools with me to try that on the fly (Not using the stock armrest. Due to the changed angle, the armrest is too close to my elbow, if mounted at its last position). I also had to extend the lower rod by one step to compensate for the changed angle.

• Like 3

On 10/30/2022 at 6:51 PM, longbow62 said:

Nice. Maybe someone will start making them to sell. I'd like to try one.

Anyone with a 3D printer could make them for you. Maybe I'll make the STLs public at some point. Addionally only for M4x30mm bolts are needed.

On 10/30/2022 at 7:14 PM, V3i/MXT Pro said:

Awesome, great job on the angle adapter! Now if someone could come up with an adapter to make the Noxie’s grip feel like the one on the Legend we would be in business!

That's a tough one - at least on the Deus the grip seems to have a smaller diameter on the bottom. I've tried to compensate for that, by taking the over all average angle from bottom to top.

On 11/1/2022 at 12:11 PM, Sinclair said:

Perhaps moving the armrest a bit towards the grip will fix that

Done that yesterday - and presto: "floaty" feeling seems to be gone. I'm quite happy with the results!

• Like 3

Fun fact..

just checked the Manticore Quick Start Guide - if the pictures are scaled correctly, they've changed the angle about 10 degree, too 😄:

Manticore-vs-Equinox-Grip-png.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea.  I've always thought that detecting vendors should make the angle adjustable 15 degrees in either direction to accommodate everyone's differences in physical build. 

I've seen people cut a piece of those foam "noodles" and put it under the control pod so your thumb isn't smashed into the control pod.