More Gold Country Relics

Strick, I love those Western relics! Well, all but the thingy from CT. Waterbury was quite the manufacturing town in the 1800s. It's pretty much done now. 🙄 Great buckles and suspender bits. 👍 Your stone presentation always gets me. 😀

Sounds like a great time was had by all. You are a tough act to follow. 👍 

Here's a link for a Locle Patent Lever watch, looks like a name is engraved on the plate. Hard to tell whether yours is silver, gold plated, filled, or just gold. 🤔

https://tamarackshackantiques.com/shop/ulysse-perret-locle-patent-lever-pocket-watch-silver-case-for-repair-23312/

Cool bottle too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, cool finds. I like the bottle. Did you get the bottle out of a hole you were digging for a target?

• Like 1

Your finds sure do clean up nice. Great post.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas the bottle was an eye find..it was half buried when spotted. I tumble basically everything but coins overnight in my thumbler tumbler use aquarium rock/water/soap and a bit of CLR...put a gold ring in there and it will come out super polished in a few hours. 350 yea the watch part has what looks like a name on it..maybe some do gooder can track them down...I'd be more then happy to return it 🤣

can anyone tell me what this was? seems to have an owl or a fish on it?  also a pic of a few buttons. 

strick

thumbnail (5).jpeg

thumbnail (6).jpeg

• Like 5

Nice hunt again with some really neat finds, how long did it take to dig all of that.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, strick said:

can anyone tell me what this was? seems to have an owl or a fish on it?  also a pic of a few buttons. 

At first I thought it was some kind of escutcheon, like a lock plate or the back of a door pull or drawer pull, but it lacks the symmetry and countersinking that those things would have. Tried lensing it but got no exact result. Then I thought maybe a sword crossguard but the tang would be too small and off center.

Took me a while to see the fish that make up that owl... 🤔 Nice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deathray said:

Nice . You do a good job of cleaning up your finds. I'm usually wiped out at the end of a hunt. Relics pile up, till I get a rainy day.

Those rainy days are coming Ray...Hoping for a few good SE storms...I'll be at the beach while your cleaning your stuff 🙂 just kidding...my relic spots down here are all hunted out need more spots 😃

Legacy this was a couple days..

350- yea I was thinking some decorative thingy for a door as well... The watch part looks brass but I did tumble it. This is one was plated  but you can only see it on the inside...still looking for that whole gold or silver antique watch...

strick

• Like 2