What's Your Preference Puck Master Or Remote?

basstrackerman

I'm just curious about what people are using the most and prefer, luck master or the remote?   I use remote 99% of the time. I do have the wsa II and the wsa II XL that I use instead of the ws6.  I've used the ws6 master with the wsa II a few times and honestly I do like it . My only issue is the small screen.  That's one reason I've always liked minelab. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, basstrackerman said:

I'm just curious about what people are using the most and prefer, luck master or the remote?   I use remote 99% of the time. I do have the wsa II and the wsa II XL that I use instead of the ws6.  I've used the ws6 master with the wsa II a few times and honestly I do like it . My only issue is the small screen.  That's one reason I've always liked minelab. 

I just got the WSA II headphones with the express purpose of going to the WS6 master setup. I also bought a less expensive set of over ear headphones that accept either the WS6 or the WSA II.20221030_171233.thumb.jpg.9534078d3bf8a38f46d8a470d36e1514.jpg

Used them today all day and I find I like them better than the WS6, they feel less bulky.

I'll revisit this when I try WS6 Master, I'm thinking of getting the 11" coil and creating a second Deus 2. 👍 The remote is working very well for me, I'm a little more concerned with the WS6 buttons which are not as rugged.

• Like 5

I agree the wsa2 is lighter and thinner.  Feels better on the ears.  Also simple only 2 buttons on both wsa2 and wsa2 XL.  I've used the ws6 master on the beach on the wrist band and it was great.  Once I saved the programs it was easier to use once at the site.  

• Like 3

I have the Deus 2 Lite setup and am very happy with it. I had the full remote setup but realized that I didn’t need it for water work or diving and that only a couple of features were not on the WS6 unlike Deus 1 where the WS4 had a ton of limitations in comparison. 

I haven’t had any problems seeing the information on the WS6 enlarged display (compared to WS4) and making the target ID numbers be huge is really easy. I don’t like the older style buttons on the WS6, but everything else is a gigantic improvement over the Deus 1 WS4. The WS6 has everything I need. I have two different third party transmitters/headsets from Detech and also have Garrett’s Z-Lynk. I will eventually get the WSA lls.

I really like the big remote but sold it more out of necessity than anything else……..I had some emergency home repairs that needed to be done this past summer so the big remote and a couple of other detectors got sold to help pay for those repairs. I figure I can always buy a used Deus 2 RC down the road if things change.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, basstrackerman said:

The opposite ..., WS6 100%  🙂 .   I dont need to look at VDIs because almost all the conductivities can be good targets over here , except very low ones like foils but I can id them with their very low tone . And yes the WS6 screen is small but large enough for me for changing a setting when required ..

DSC00291.JPG

• Like 4

Same experience, basstrackerman.  I use the full remote almost all the time.  I have the WSA-II headphones so I can use the puck as the remote, but after a few outings with the "lite" configuration, I went back to the full remote.  I really couldn't detect the weight reduction, as the Deus II is already quite light with the full remote.  I also like the larger display, as my eyes are rapidly aging.

• Like 6

I will agree that the WS6 is a huge improvement over the ws4. And I do like the fact that you can make the numbers on the screen much larger. And really the only things missing or what the xy screen and waterproofing? So it really does come with a lot of functions but I don't notice the weight difference really the Deus is so light already.  

• Like 2