Hello From Mississippi

righttoown

Screenshot_20221101-190831_Brave.thumb.jpg.e9ea97b0377c718154efd8aee3338717.jpg

Right now a lot of Minelab dealers are running specials on the Equinox, and you get 15% off if you can prove military service, ID, DD 214, or a ChooseVA card.

I didn't know that when I bought mine 🤬

The Equinox has been around for a long time, the Legend isn't a year old yet.

The 800 is the best choice if you're looking at an Equinox, I didn't need it because there's no gold other than jewelry in my area. 😀 It's $200 more.

• Like 1

I have both the 800 and the Legend. Personally, I favor the 800 (at the moment) but that's just me. Both are discounted right now, and I see Amazon is running an offer on the Legend pro pack for $595.

A great resource for comparisons is this guy: https://www.iratemetaldetectors.com/

• Like 1

Yes, Nokta just announced a $100 off special price until the end of the year. They also are due to release the 9.5X5" DD coil soon. That will make Coil #4 from the factory for the Legend. They have  7 for the Anfibio. I have 6 of them!

Welcome to the forum and glad to see you here.

I have been using my grandfathers 800 and I know that it can do almost anything the higher priced units can do.

I am also new at metal detecting and was able to use it with just the factory settings the first time. I have dug a lot of nice coins and some that really stunk, but would have never have found them without it.

Good luck on your choice of detectors and just remember that the 600/800 will still be around a long time with plenty of accessories if you want.

Welcome aboard  !

Plenty of really good info here for you to check out to get yourself up to speed.

I add my try before you buy to your list.

Look for a local detector club as well as that friendly local dealer. Join.

Tell them your budget and what you would like to find . They'll probably have more detectors to consider . 

Happy hunting.