Went To The Beach

I use the tones only after locating a target….. I prefer not to hear all the distracting tones when it falses much like any other machine when it’s maxed out.  I prefer the quick pops to the pings and pongs.  I’m not a numbers guy especially since there can be a lot of bounce with a sensitive machine 

lot of targets dug… oh my aching back 😂.   Nice batch of heavy targets too. Was the cross gold?  

• Like 2

Dew,

Yes the cross was gold and yes my back and arms were sore at the end of each day.  Please stay safe with the storm coming in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 5:07 PM, The_Stalker said:

I was able to get to the beach for three days last week.  It should have been 7 days but appointments and dinner engagements made that impossible.  Targets were not very deep and I was suprised to see competition on the beach.  I guess everyone thought the hurricane earlier would cause opportunity.  Here is the picture of the final digs.image.thumb.jpeg.de8749a872421459d4be421fbd5e0990.jpeg

Are those cobs?  Dats a lot of digging … but some nice heavies.  You don’t always get what you might expect from these storms.  Sometimes a month after will surprise you.

• 1 month later...

Just finished a week hunting on the beach.  The Tarsacci operated perfectly and the weather was sunny an warm compared to  Pennsylvania.  The final totals are: 4 toy cars, 1 crucifix, 4 gold rings, 2 silver rings, 2 junk rings, 21 quarters, 22 dimes, 32 pennies, 11 lead sinkers, 5 earrings 1 is gold, 2 junk pendants, 5 nickels, 4 house keys, 1 Go Pro, and 4 pairs of sunglasses.  The junk displayed is just a fraction of the junk that I dug.image.thumb.jpeg.52fffc272ec1153e516f9df03586b2b6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.819f019f95f3ce3f190a8aa5396e3683.jpeg

• Like 5

That is a nice assortment for sure.

Quite a haul! 👍 Congrats on the gold. That's a beach hunt for ya.

Think some YouTuber blew up the action camera while detecting? Yikes... 😀

The three rings to the left were found this morning in an area of 20 feet by 100 feet and in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Then the tides pushed me out of the area.  When I was able to get back into the area this evening there were no targets to be found.    I realized there is a shell layer about 14 to 15 inches down, if the sand gets pushed out, it's a target bonanza, if sand gets pushed in, it goes completely silent.  It makes me realize how much I need to learn about this hobby.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 10:20 PM, The_Stalker said:

The three rings to the left were found this morning in an area of 20 feet by 100 feet and in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Then the tides pushed me out of the area.  When I was able to get back into the area this evening there were no targets to be found.    I realized there is a shell layer about 14 to 15 inches down, if the sand gets pushed out, it's a target bonanza, if sand gets pushed in, it goes completely silent.  It makes me realize how much I need to learn about this hobby.

Wow, what you're saying make a lot of sense.

• Like 1