Multi Kruzer Overloading Problem

kac

Over the summer I had snagged the 5x9.5 dd coil and been using the MK for my high trash and smaller target hunting. I had used it water hunting at 19khz and noticed it would start overloading then would quiet down. At first I thought it was something large under the sand and thought not much about it. Later I put my 12" super fly on for a beach hunt and the performance was horrible, less than half the depth it usually does but the beach I was hunting is loaded with hot rocks and black sand. I did notice some fogging behind the display. Later when I got home I opened it up, dried it out, resealed the gasket and noticed the rubber boot on the control box where the headphones/charger cable connect wasn't very tight so I resealed that.

Couple days ago did some more water hunting and the machine started to overload again. When I got home I tried a factory reset and no matter what coil I put on the machine overlaods in all modes except beach mode and 5khz. Reinstalled the last update but that doesn't fix it.

Has anyone else run into this?

Is the machine toast?

Emailed Nokta but haven't heard back.

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Hope you get this sorted, kac. 🙂

• Like 2

That sounds like a trip to the Repair Center.

You can call them direct if Nokta is slow to respond to your enquiry.

• Like 1

Got tired of waiting for support to contact back so I took the machine apart and noticed one the screws inside was rusty so as I suspected it got wet inside which caused the problem.

I dried it all out and replaced the dessicant pack with 4 fresh one then resealed the main seal with silicone grease. All the other spots I suspected would leak are all epoxied behind so the breach was from the main seal. Made servicing it pretty easy.

Tested the machine and all seems to be working well.

Now for the Superfly, seems that coil has lost performance. I think it is the chincy coil connector they as the connector has plastic nuts that attach to the aluminum (not stainless) connector so got a feeling the shielding is compromised. Guess that goes in the trash since Nel isn't exactly up and running.

So anyone with an Anfibio or Kruzer series if your machine just starts to overlaod it is most likely water inside.

• Like 3