Manticore November

midalake

Wish I did!!  I read on ONE dealer site that they expected the Manticore would be released at the end of November.  Most dealers are suggesting much later. 

I think it is in the best interest of Minelab to release it ASAP because most places in the U.S. and Europe are going to be buried in snow by Christmas and nobody is going to want to buy right away if the ground is snow covered or frozen. 

If they rush it and the software isn't totally as they want it, they can always release an update in a month or so.

I heard last month that the hardware was done and the software was 99% ready with just a few tweaks left to be decided.

I also read that the Equinox was released late in a February.  That makes since as people are tired of winter and dreaming about spring and getting out.  So, they start buying their toys so they are ready for spring.  This thinking argues against an after December release.  If they don't get it out by early December they might as well wait until late February or March so the excitement doesn't go stale over the winter.  Just my 2 cents.

I've no idea when it will actually ship, of course.

But when it's done and in production, it will ship.  Whenever that is.  Sitting on completed inventory when there are dealer orders open and in need of being filled and other projects and products already queued up behind the Manticore would make zero business sense.  At any time of year.  Fill the orders and take the money is what you do.  Inventory on dealers shelves is the dealers problem.  But I doubt that will be a problem early on, pre-orders should suck up most of the initial shipments nearly immediately.

I'm hoping for Christmas.  But betting against it.

- Dave

• Like 3

I've been searching and watching the videos on Youtube about the Manticore.  Lately, I've noticed a big drop off of new videos.  There are just a very few from Mexico and Brazil in the last 20 days or so including a couple on the beaches with very little detection action.  None of the recent videos include the usual Minelab suspects demoing or explaining the features of the Manticore.

This leads me to believe that either they are about to release a bunch of new videos or the release date is just a couple weeks if not days away.  I am leaning toward the later.

• Like 1

they are in silent mode. Finalizing software after all the events exposed small issues they can tweak. Next release will have more demo's on the capabilities and functions.

• Like 2

Wow!!  We must be close!  Although that ad is a bit on the strange side, GB_Amateur.  And I would guess they needed 2 or 3 months lead time to get that ad in the publication so they must have been pretty sure of their release this year back then.

15 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I would guess they needed 2 or 3 months lead time to get that ad in the publication so they must have been pretty sure of their release this year back then.

Obviously aimed at the Northern Hemisphere but maybe they have an Australis version, too.  Seems a bit risky to make it look like (all/most?) orders will be filled in time for Christmas.  If you ever want to get the public riled up, just have a product in high demand for which Christmas orders can't be filled!  Now, metal detectorists -- maybe not so risky since they are always a patient group....

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3