Manticore November

midalake

Well, they haven't started to ship yet so November is increasingly unlikely.

Those in better climates detect all year round and I doubt that Minelab times their releases based upon some places being snowed in, being an Australian business it probably doesn't even cross their mind when it comes to snow and winter, it's the land of the endless summer 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, PSPR said:

Wish I did!!  I read on ONE dealer site that they expected the Manticore would be released at the end of November.  Most dealers are suggesting much later. 

I think it is in the best interest of Minelab to release it ASAP because most places in the U.S. and Europe are going to be buried in snow by Christmas and nobody is going to want to buy right away if the ground is snow covered or frozen. 

If they rush it and the software isn't totally as they want it, they can always release an update in a month or so.

I heard last month that the hardware was done and the software was 99% ready with just a few tweaks left to be decided.

I also read that the Equinox was released late in a February.  That makes since as people are tired of winter and dreaming about spring and getting out.  So, they start buying their toys so they are ready for spring.  This thinking argues against an after December release.  If they don't get it out by early December they might as well wait until late February or March so the excitement doesn't go stale over the winter.  Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I am NOT a fan of products being released BEFORE they are ready.  I think it is an extremely poor business decision to do those types of things. Companies shouldn't make promises or set expectations they can't meet, like release dates.

Bad, bad, bad. 

Just the World according to me. 

Rich 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UtahRich said:

Personally, I am NOT a fan of products being released BEFORE they are ready.  I think it is an extremely poor business decision to do those types of things. Companies shouldn't make promises or set expectations they can't meet, like release dates.

Bad, bad, bad. 

Just the World according to me. 

Rich 

I don't want them to release it before it is ready.  I just want them to make it ready this month!!

• Like 3

Purely speculation - obviously.

But I think that Minelab's seemingly somewhat disciplined radio silence may indicate that, forces that want to hold shipment until all the T's are crossed (engineers), may be having some success in swaying the forces that want to ship MVP (Minimum Viable Product) and ship updates later (sales, marketing). 

Publicly traded companies don't dare try and get cute with holding up ready to ship product.  They'll ship just as soon as they come off the production line.

I think I'll be at least moderately surprised if there isn't at least one update on the heels of release.  We'll see...

- Dave

I might have missed it skimming through this topic, but NASA Tom had said they were working on a couple of things to get lined out before release. He says those two things are done now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

when it comes to snow and winter, it's the land of the endless summer 🙂

Simon,

And here i thought we had that locked down in Florida!🥵👍👍

• Like 1

A Minelab Rep At Phil Myers’s store …… stated Minelab is pushing hard for a end of year release …….. The Xmas poster ad a couple post up …….. shows there on schedule.🥳

16 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Simon,

And here i thought we had that locked down in Florida!🥵👍👍

Isn't that the place where all the old people move to? I just get images of wrinkled up old prunes laying around on the beach in their budgie smugglers when I think of Florida. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Isn't that the place where all the old people move to? I just get images of wrinkled up old prunes laying around on the beach in their budgie smugglers when I think of Florida. 🤣

Any where the old people go to retire there has to be an army of the younger generation to run everyday businesses to support the retired communities, someone also has to build the homes these older people are buying, retire people don't work, so the younger people have to do that, there are more younger people in Florida than older people!

There's also a lot, and I mean a lot of agriculture and cattle farms in Florida, the older people don't run those businesses either.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Bang out of order and disrespectful, not needed on this website.