Manticore November

midalake

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

Isn't that the place where all the old people move to? I just get images of wrinkled up old prunes laying around on the beach in their budgie smugglers when I think of Florida. 🤣

Simon, 🤣 I think Joe D. can take that hit and raise ya one. 👍

Not for nothing, it also has thousands of miles of shipwrecks and high end hotels that all those geezers frequent! While relic hunting isn't a huge deal there, beach hunting is. 😀 It has a major influx of "snowbirds" soon, so it has an all year clientele. I'd consider myself lucky to live there, except for the ownership of the water by the treasure magnates. 😵

• Like 3

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Isn't that the place where all the old people move to? I just get images of wrinkled up old prunes laying around on the beach in their budgie smugglers when I think of Florida. 🤣

I lived in Orlando for about 10 years.  The winters were like being in Heaven but the humidity in the summer made you think you were in HeII.  I liked it though.  No matter where you lived the beach was always close.  After you live there a few years you start to miss snow.  Now I'm in Texas and it snows every now and then.  But the power company gave us rolling blackouts when when it got colder than normal a couple winters ago.

• Like 1

Ok all, back on subject please! Before we get spanked! 

Chesroy, lighten up man!! Simon and I go back a bit; no insult intended! We like it light here!👍👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chesroy said:

Bang out of order and disrespectful, not needed on this website.

Sorry to offend.  Just a light hearted dig at Joe doing his beach hunting.

On a lighter note, if the Manticore does come out in November (unlikely I think) then I'll have one for our beach season here for Dec/Jan/Feb so it will be me wandering around on the beach getting shriveled up as I'll sure be wanting to put some hours behind the wheel on it but as they're not even on their way to the dealers yet I don't have high hopes.

1-2 weeks if they're coming by plane, a month to 6 weeks by sea.  The first batch will likely be plane with the rest by sea so November is increasingly unlikely with every day that ticks by.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Simon, 🤣 I think Joe D. can take that hit and raise ya one. 👍

Not for nothing, it also has thousands of miles of shipwrecks and high end hotels that all those geezers frequent! While relic hunting isn't a huge deal there, beach hunting is. 😀 It has a major influx of "snowbirds" soon, so it has an all year clientele. I'd consider myself lucky to live there, except for the ownership of the water by the treasure magnates. 😵

Speaking of geezers the earliest detectorist starting in the late 1950's and beyond who dug in the Seminole Indian villages and campsites etcetera found a wealth of treasure that would blow even the most successful and seasoned relic and artifact hunters mind.After all other than the few survivors and the spanish salvage crews the natives had the first shot at what may have washed in from the Atocha and what they could pillage from the Santa Margarita wrecks of 1622 as well as the numerous wrecks of the 1715 fleet.And judging from what I read and saw in Argosy and other early treasure mags in the 1960's and 70's they took full advantage.Then there was the Seminole Indian wars another very lucrative endeavor for todays relic hunters.We don't seem to hear much about all of this these days but you can bet that there are still a least a handful of diggers out there hunting these sites.Just an opinion from an old geezer.

• Like 7

OK, take this for what it's worth.  I've read these two items about the Manticore release from posters on other detecting forums.

-------------------

1.  This poster claims to know a Minelab engineer and has been told that Minelab is determined to make it available for Christmas. 

and

2.  Another poster who also claims to know someone at Minelab claims that there were two items (unknown what) that were left to complete before the release could happen.  Those two items have now been completed. 

-----------------

I've also noticed from other commentors that they are also noticing a big drop off of videos regarding the Manticore.  This just reinforces my feeling that the release is imminent.  It could be the end of November or possibly sooner but I will be surprised if it isn't by the first week of December.

As far as shipping delays, I would expect that detectors will be shipped to distribution points before the announcement so orders aren't delayed again waiting for product.

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

HEY---Y'all quit talkin bout me like that!!!!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Tom D. posted some great news on the Manticore!

The two items that were holding up the release have been resolved!

One of the things going into this project was.................. unsuspectingly....change the way we detect. Change the way we think. Mission: accomplished.
I am not yet comfortable going into any detail about this.......yet. But....... I am willing to share this data.......without divulging anything about the electronic platform.

Also: Item two = Complete

It'll trump nearly every aspect of EQX; albeit..... at a bit higher price tag (for good/legitimate reason).
Three years of effort.

Even though MC is a fair amount more expensive = I will never hunt with EQX ever again.

Things could get interesting here!

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1