Manticore November

midalake

There is a new video of a Manticore demo being done in Mexico.  Not sure why they are hitting Mexico and not the U.S. market.  Anyway this video is about 45 minutes (mostly in Spanish) but the guy in the goatee takes over and speaks in English but I would turn on the closed caption button and then settings/translate/English.  The translation gets a ton of works wrong like medical for Manticore quite often.  Actually it is entertainingly funny as you follow along.

At about the 27 minute mark the Minelab host is discussing the discrimination of the Manticore and says a remarkable thing.  He talks about discriminating in trashy areas and pretty much states that it will discriminate out pull tabs and aluminum!!!  I'll believe that when I see it personally.

• Like 2

I doubt they will include a printed manual, it will be the PDF we get on their website being the manual I would imagine.

The guy in the video with the goatee appears to be a gold detector engineer that's worked for 15 years with Minelab working on gold detectors right back to the 4500, it was quite funny when one of the people asked if the Manticore will compare to the GPZ on gold, and he laughed then tried to explain that it will not even come close, and it only works well for gold in benign to mild ground.  He said it will handle a bit of minerisation in gold mode.  I think very little has been changed with the Manticore gold mode vs the Nox, perhaps they're exactly the same.  That's not necessarily a bad thing I guess, the Nox is great on gold for a VLF.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

I doubt they will include a printed manual, it will be the PDF we get on their website being the manual I would imagine.

The guy in the video with the goatee appears to be a gold detector engineer that's worked for 15 years with Minelab working on gold detectors right back to the 4500, it was quite funny when one of the people asked if if the Manticore will compare to the GPZ on gold, and he laughed then tried to explain that it will not even come close, and it only works well for gold in benign to mild ground.  He said it will handle a bit of minerisation in gold mode.  I think very little has been changed with the Manticore gold mode vs the Nox, perhaps they're exactly the same.  That's not necessarily a bad thing I guess, the Nox is great on gold for a VLF.

Yeah, phrunt, one can't expect a VLF, no matter how advanced, to compete with true PI gold machines.  It was a silly question from someone getting too excited over the Manticore's potential.

Here in Texas there isn't many places to look for gold.  I read an analysis on looking along a river (forget the name) that branches off the Colorado.  It said you might find a few flakes on the river but any nuggets have long been located and taken.  It doesn't sound like natural gold hunting would be anything but an effort in frustration here.

Let me correct something I said in my last post with the video.  I mentioned surprise that the Minelab Rep was talking about discriminating out pull tabs (which I would love by the way).  As you all know, many modern detectors can discriminate out pull tabs --- but it comes at the expense of also discriminating out many gold objects including rings.  But I am hoping the wider range of TID's might help at eliminating some aluminum junk without losing out on rings and jewelry.  The FvsC plot might help identify rings even with some discrimination if it shows them as nice circles.  There will be a lot of experimenting that needs to be done with the Manticore when we get it.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, phrunt said:

The guy in the video with the goatee appears to be a gold detector engineer that's worked for 15 years with Minelab working on gold detectors right back to the 4500, it was quite funny when one of the people asked if the Manticore will compare to the GPZ on gold, and he laughed then tried to explain that it will not even come close, and it only works well for gold in benign to mild ground.  He said it will handle a bit of minerisation in gold mode.  I think very little has been changed with the Manticore gold mode vs the Nox, perhaps they're exactly the same.  That's not necessarily a bad thing I guess, the Nox is great on gold for a VLF.

Simon... Manticore will have more power and sensitivity to small targets..,than Equinox..., and to what extent it will be shown soon...,and more TX in Manticore ..and .will provide good sensitivity to small targets gold also on 11" and 12x15" coils...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vive equinox said:

November or 2023 doesn't matter to me anymore I know it has nothing to do but I am financially ruined because stuck at FTX and too exposed to solana, ftt etc. I will stay with my faithful nox🥲

I would have never invested in this kind of stuff . Too risky . And I dont trust people like Musk , Kardashian and a few others ... I am going off topic as its not a financial forum sorry ...

Finding any news or videos on the Manticore is next to impossible right now.  I did find a video from Gold Rat Prospecting Supplies in Australia telling customers that today (6 days ago) was the last day they were taking pre-orders for the Manticore.  He said anyone not getting their order in today will have to wait until the second shipments come.  He also said he has a tentative release date of the end of November and a delivery date of Mid December.

Wow!! The video is on this page.

https://www.facebook.com/Highbankers

Here's the final clue.  There is a German metal detector retailer on eBay who is offering the pre-sale of the Manticore.  In the description it states the following:

"Pre-order now! > According to Minelab, the first shipment of the Manticore will reach us in November."
"NOTE: We cannot guarantee that the detectors will definitely arrive in November. As you know, there can always be unforeseen delays."

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Any detector can discriminate out pull tabs and aluminum. And all the good items that go along with them, like gold jewelry. There is nothing new here in that regard.

You are right, of course, Steve.  I am hoping between the expanded TID, the target trace and maybe a couple nuance tricks that the Manticore will enable the identification some aluminum objects and some pull tabs.  If you can avoid digging even 50% of them that would be a big advantage over digging everything.  On the beach there isn't much reason not to dig everything non-ferrous.  It's just a scoop away, so to speak.

Back to the November Manticore release, I firmly believe the release date for the U.S. and Europe will be November 30th with shipments to customers arriving by December 15th.   That still means waiting over a month to get your hands on one.

I just don't quite understand the radio silence out of Minelab nor the lack of a PDF manual to download.  I can only imagine that there is some information in the manual that Minelab doesn't want in the hands of competitors until the last moment.