Manticore November

midalake

On 11/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, Calmark said:

Does the Manticore 8x5.5in coil come out when the unit is realeased like the 6in round was available from the start for the Equinox?  Or are we stuck with the stock 11in coil until ML manufactures the 8x5.5 at a later date?

Since I like to swing smaller coils in general, I might wait until the small elliptical coil is out before getting a Manticore.  I hope the wait isn't terribly long.

FWIW - The six-inch round coil was not available until about 5 months after the Equinox was released.  I confirmed this by going back through old posts on the forum.  Looks like we started seeing people doing tests and comparisons in August - September 2018 (The Equinox was released in late January 2018).

• Like 5

I realized later on after my post about the time-frame of the 6in coil arriving for the Equinox, that I bought my Nox 800 and 6in coil together in October 2018, so the 6 inch coil had recently been released.  They certainly did not come out at the same time.  Thanks for the correction, Chase.    

Like with the Equinox release, I'll probably wait until the 8x5.5 inch Manticore coil arrives before I jump in and buy one.  That said, I do hope the small coil does come very soon.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

I don't know if the Manticore is coming at the end of November or the end of January.  But I do know Minelab is letting the Manticore story die.  There hasn't been a 'real' video on Youtube about the Manticore in action for over a month and talk of the Manticore on the MD forums is dying out.  People are starting to forget all about the Beast.

I'm not a terribly patient person and I have a Legend in hand to play with.  Maybe I should pull back my $1600 Manticore order until after it comes out and we see what people say about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I don't know if the Manticore is coming at the end of November or the end of January.  But I do know Minelab is letting the Manticore story die.  There hasn't been a 'real' video on Youtube about the Manticore in action for over a month and talk of the Manticore on the MD forums is dying out.  People are starting to forget all about the Beast.

I'm not a terribly patient person and I have a Legend in hand to play with.  Maybe I should pull back my $1600 Manticore order until after it comes out and we see what people say about it.

Go ahead and make my day!!

If you pull your order, that’s one up for me,... Yeeaahh.

Take a few days off from windowshopping about the all singing, dancing beast of a metal detector. Have a little fun with the Legend.

A little metal detecting gimmick that teaches an awfull lot about detectors in just a few swings.

Pick a nice spot in the backyard just a few square yards and just hunt it to death. And by that I mean untill it’s totally devoid of any target with your current machine. Not a single blip iron and all.

When the new kid on the block arrives, hunt that patch of dirt again. It will either make you laugh or cry,... but emotion garanteed!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Especially the hardcore water hunters Har Har!

36 minutes ago, scoopjohnb said:

Go ahead and make my day!!

If you pull your order, that’s one up for me,... Yeeaahh.

You're in Belgium and I am in Texas, John.  I doubt you will get your detector any sooner even if I pull my order!  LOL

Since I don't need the $1600 I'll probably just let it ride.  But I will be very disappointed if we get to December 1st and haven't gotten any announcement from Minelab.

40 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Especially the hardcore water hunters Har Har!

Do you think the Manticore is going to leak, Doc?  I guess they ALL will leak eventually if you take them in the water repeatedly.  I'm not concerned about the control housing leaking since I'll probably never take it in water above my knees.

2 minutes ago, PSPR said:

You're in Belgium and I am in Texas, John.  I doubt you will get your detector any sooner even if I pull my order!  LOL

Since I don't need the $1600 I'll probably just let it ride.  But I will be very disappointed if we get to December 1st and haven't gotten any announcement from Minelab.

Do you think the Manticore is going to leak, Doc?  I guess they ALL will leak eventually if you take them in the water repeatedly.  I'm not concerned about the control housing leaking since I'll probably never take it in water above my knees.

Probably not and let's hope not.But it won't take long for the first in line buyers / users to find out.I was just being a SMART A$$!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Probably not and let's hope not.But it won't take long for the first in line buyers / users to find out.I was just being a SMART A$$!

No, I think it is a legitimate concern for some water hunters.