Manticore November

midalake

Frites in a bun with a piece of meat and some sauce. Over here they call it a “Mitrailette” aka machinegun.

The manticore November thread, where people discuss worldwide culinary delights.

I agree this new minelab detector release is something out of the ordinary 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a peep from Minelab but Southern Relic Adventures has posted a video discussing the Target Trace screen just a bit as far as the information anyone has from Minelab.

Minelab, either announce the release date or get some videos out for buyers to see to keep them interested.  Radio silence is not helpful nor necessary!

14 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I called it 3 months ago. I said it won't be out till next year. No where near their end of November time frame. The reason ? The track records of these propagandist clowns. And it's not defined strictly by ML. Maybe someday these wokesters will awaken and go old school. Have real , known , seasoned , confirmed  hardcore hunters performing unbiased testing. Having the product finished AND ready for release. Only then , splash your marketing campaign and taking orders for maybe 2-3 weeks. Directly into consumers hands immediately afterwords. A surefire way to backup your talk and gain customer trust.

Etrac was a fabulous release. I read about it and boom, I had one in my hands on September 10, 2008 here in Canada.

I used it for 3 months as often as I could till the ground was frozen. Did extremely well with it from the 1st time out.

ground is frozen here now, so won't be able to use my new M-core till mid-March or so....sigh....

They've got us on the hook now and taken our focus away from buying other brands, they can slowly reel us in without us escaping.  They'll take as long as they want at this point, they've achieved what they wanted to, mass marketing, hype generated, people that can't stop trying to discuss a product that doesn't yet exist, a Manticore....  a mythical creature and that's what it is, a myth.  It doesn't exist!  

Christmas is looking increasingly unlikely, February for the first few flown to dealers on an airline followed by shipments via ocean container in March/April is more realistic I think.  If they make it by December it will be a very limited release of detectors via airline that supplies dealers a few each just to say they got there in time for their anticipated release date, I just hope I'm one of the lucky few.

They've taken a different approach with the Manticore over the Nox, it was more of a high volume lower margin detector, they wanted to sell bucket loads of them.  The Manticore they're taking the CTX and their Gold detector approach, lower volume by being so high priced with a much higher margin.  The question is does this mean we are going to get the benefits of paying this extra cost? Here a Nox is around $1200, the Manticore $3000, am I going to get a $1800 better detector?

Getting too excited about a new product can also set you up for disappointment, when it does arrive and it is similar to your Nox with a nice 2D Target Trace screen but then you find out you preferred the Target trace on your 10 year old CTX you might be a bit disappointed.   You've already fixed the build quality of your Nox by replacing shafts and arm cuffs and whatever else so you're not all that amazed by the better Manticore build quality.   You now find you're stuck using an 11" coil for the next 12 months as they haven't released the accessory coils yet so you've had to go back to using your Nox anyway as you preferred using the little coil for example as you used your Nox for gold nuggets or high trash hunting.  This list goes on and on and on but it's just an example of why I'm very happy the Manticore is coming, I want one badly and hope to be one of the first in the country to get one but I'm keeping my excitement under control and down to earth.

Hopefully they can get it out for Christmas, I have plans for mine at that time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

phrunt, you don't think they could improve on the CTX3030 Target Trace in 10 years?  That would be a very sad state of affairs.

Worst case, they have been hiding a mediocre Manticore detector by not releasing appropriate videos or tests and we wind up selling them for a few hundred (U.S. Dollars) loss.  NEXT!!!  LOL

The CTX target trace still gives you more information with FE and CO numbers and a much wider range of numbers because of this, its colour where the colours mean something and it displays just as much if not more information with it's graphics. It's still positioned on the market above the Manticore.    The CTX for me has even more stable target ID's than the Nox, this means it's target trace supplies more accurate information.  Putting target trace on a less ID accurate detector means the target trace won't be as good.   While I hope it is I don't know if it will be, the E-trac was discontinued to make way for the Manticore, not the CTX. 

Many products come out that 10+ year old ones are better or equal to in some or all facets, happens all the time with metal detectors 🙂

I don't know if you're familiar with the CTX target trace but it really is great, this is a guy going over a gold sovereign and some iron at the same time, see the red triangle (its really a square cut off) for the iron, and the clumped together coin target with the good ID's.  His review is here

pictur20.jpg.402693a0fd174cf16cba0f593f272f33.jpg

I really hope it's as good as the CTX target trace.  It really is fantastic.

• Like 3

It will outshine the Nox and CTX in some areas, the CTX will likely still be better in some areas, and the Nox might too.

It will be different to the CTX, not necessary better at everything.  A bit like the GPX 6000 and the higher priced GPZ 7000, the 6000 came out and being new it was thought it would be better than the dated 7000, while in their stock form it's better at some things such as small targets but not better at everything especially depth.  I expect the Manticore and CTX to be the same, with the Manticore being better at some things, not everything, they're also very different technology like the GPX and GPZ.

It may even introduce people to Target trace that then want to try out the CTX too 🙂  I really like the CTX, brilliant in my soils.  I really like the Nox too, but the CTX is just better for deep silver so the Manticore has big shoes to fill if it wants to take that role away from the CTX with its 17x13" coil.

We'll just have to see since there isn't any evidence to date to even compare the two machines.

I did own a CTX shortly after they came out.  I don't recall much about the screen but it was heavy and I couldn't find crapola with it.  I don't think I had it that long so I didn't learn its nuances.  Anyway that's when I sold the CTX and decided to give up detecting until something much better arrived on the market.  If the Manticore isn't it, I'll probably sell everything detector related and retire permanently from dirt fishing.

Received an Email from Minelab early this week saying their Miners Den stores would be closed on the 18 - 20th of this month for staff to receive training on the Manticore .  I am hoping that this means supply might not be far away . Fingers crossed !

• Like 4