Manticore November

midalake

26 minutes ago, Hunterjunk said:

Received an Email from Minelab early this week saying their Miners Den stores would be closed on the 18 - 20th of this month for staff to receive training on the Manticore .  I am hoping that this means supply might not be far away . Fingers crossed !

That's encouraging, Hunterjunk.  Maybe there will be a Nov. 30th release date and mid-December customer delivery date after all.  I think the November FCC filings were some sort of headphone ID notification and not a long drawn out approval of the technology.  We will know soon.  But the lack of release of the pdf copy of the manual is worrisome for a quick release.

The Miner's Den website says, "Anticipated release November - December 2022"

Of course, that may only pertain to you chaps near Australia.

• Like 1

I have no idea how international shipping and time frames work. Do they fly them over or do they come in on a container ship? If it's a container ship I can see them taking a long time to get here. I wonder how many have actually been pre-ordered in the U.S. thus far?

11 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

I have no idea how international shipping and time frames work. Do they fly them over or do they come in on a container ship? If it's a container ship I can see them taking a long time to get here. I wonder how many have actually been pre-ordered in the U.S. thus far?

I would assume they fly the initial batch and ship the rest.  I don't think there are as many pre-orders in the U.S. as one would expect.  One dealer said they were somewhat light on orders and my dealer said I am at or near the top of his list although I didn't order until early October.  I don't know about Europe but December for much of the U.S. means you can't  even use it until March or April.

16 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

deja vu all over again...I remember these same questions from the Equinox boondoggle lol

• Like 2

I pre-ordered Aug, 27th. so I should be at the very top of the list. Unless we have a harsher than normal winter weather I detect quite a bit in December, January, and February.   

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, PSPR said:

Wish I did!!  I read on ONE dealer site that they expected the Manticore would be released at the end of November.  Most dealers are suggesting much later. 

I think it is in the best interest of Minelab to release it ASAP because most places in the U.S. and Europe are going to be buried in snow by Christmas and nobody is going to want to buy right away if the ground is snow covered or frozen. 

If they rush it and the software isn't totally as they want it, they can always release an update in a month or so.

I heard last month that the hardware was done and the software was 99% ready with just a few tweaks left to be decided.

I also read that the Equinox was released late in a February.  That makes since as people are tired of winter and dreaming about spring and getting out.  So, they start buying their toys so they are ready for spring.  This thinking argues against an after December release.  If they don't get it out by early December they might as well wait until late February or March so the excitement doesn't go stale over the winter.  Just my 2 cents.

But a release in the US makes since in February March because of tax season and those who normally could not afford it could then if they get a return 

I think Minelab will release the manticore when it is ready and not tie the release to tax seasons, weather patterns or astrology predictions is the local news paper

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Here is a little info nobody has mentioned.

In 2009 Minelab through their parent company, Codan, moved their detector manufacturing from Ireland to Malaysia with a manufacturing company named Plexus.  Plexus also has several manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe and one in Mexico in addition to their Malaysian manufacturing facility.

If you have an Equinox that was purchased during the initial release of that machine check to see if it was manufactured in the U.S., Mexico or Malaysia.  That might tell us if Minelab is having some initial U.S. orders filled from U.S. or Mexico manufacturing facilities.  Or if we are looking at shipments coming from Malaysia only.

I've never seen an Equinox not made in Malaysia.  Plexis may have manufacturing facilities in other countries, it doesn't mean Minelab use them 🙂  Gotta keep those costs low to get big profits.  They would also have to outfit the factory to the specifics of the Manticore with moulds etc, not going to happen for pumping out a few detectors to get them quicker to people in the US that can't wait.

The bulk of it is made in Malaysia especially the control pods and coils, the rest is China like shafts ,headphones etc, all out of Chinese components though 😄

They could always have premanufactured parts sent to other factories and just ship updated parts or download software  updates.  Then they could assemble with the latest parts to supply initial orders in the U.S. or Europe.   So, it is possible but, as you say, phrunt, unlikely.

Today Minelab made two posts within hours of each other on their Facebook page.  I've always seen them separate the posts by 2 to 4 days in the recent past.  The latest post are just photos about Minelab presenting the Manticore in Mexico which happened weeks ago and were basically non-events.

Maybe we need a spy in Malaysia to let us know if or when they see Manticores being shipped in mass from the factories.