Manticore November

midalake

25 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've never seen an Equinox not made in Malaysia.  Plexis may have manufacturing facilities in other countries, it doesn't mean Minelab use them 🙂  Gotta keep those costs low to get big profits.  They would also have to outfit the factory to the specifics of the Manticore with moulds etc, not going to happen for pumping out a few detectors to get them quicker to people in the US that can't wait.

The bulk of it is made in Malaysia especially the control pods and coils, the rest is China like shafts ,headphones etc, all out of Chinese components though 😄

There is a new secretive name change to be announced for the U.S edition very soon. It will be called the "Phranticore". For all of the chaos it has caused.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, longbow62 said:

I pre-ordered Aug, 27th. so I should be at the very top of the list. Unless we have a harsher than normal winter weather I detect quite a bit in December, January, and February.   

Those are prime detecting months out west, as many of our sites get overgrown come spring, and then the ground turns to cement coupled with 100F + temps in the summer usually keeps us at bay until the next fall/winter/early spring returns. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PSPR said:

They could always have premanufactured parts sent to other factories and just ship updated parts or download software  updates.  Then they could assemble with the latest parts to supply initial orders in the U.S. or Europe.   So, it is possible but, as you say, phrunt, unlikely.

Today Minelab made two posts within hours of each other on their Facebook page.  I've always seen them separate the posts by 2 to 4 days in the recent past.  The latest post are just photos about Minelab presenting the Manticore in Mexico which happened weeks ago and were basically non-events.

Maybe we need a spy in Malaysia to let us know if or when they see Manticores being shipped in mass from the factories.

The Equinox is not in any way made or assembled in the USA. A component or two…..maybe. Minelab have never made or assembled a hobby metal detector in the USA.  

Their military/law enforcement/first responder communications equipment division…….maybe.

• Like 1

My prime detecting time is November to May which is why I was hoping to get it by Christmas. I also tend to go away for a month or so over Christmas so I'd like to take it with me,  I can detect year round here I just prefer to use my winters for skiing.

Hopefully it comes in time, I was hoping to take some new GPX 6000 coils with me from NF too, that looks like it's not happening so hopefully at least the Manticore does.

I dislike these early announcements that are clearly just designed to stop us buying the competitors product, same thing happened with the GPX coils, and the Manticore announcement was there to stop Deus 2 and Legend sales.  I like the way the Deus 2 was released, took us all by surprise.

• Like 2

Let's take a deep dive on Minelab shipments to the U.S.  Free data on this site shows two larger than average shipments in early November to the U.S.  However, they are from Singapore, not Malaysia.

https://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

This page shows those November shipments were metal detectors sent through the Tacoma WA port

https://importkey.com/i/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

Of course, no where are these detectors labeled Manticores and they could be anything from Minelab.

Thanks, Jeff and phrunt, for your insights.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

....... the Manticore announcement was there to stop Deus 2 and Legend sales.  I like the way the Deus 2 was released, took us all by surprise.

But all this from Minelab got me to buy a Legend as a backup because I didn't want to buy a Nox and have the little brother to the Manticore.  I've mostly been home learning it because the weather here has been wet and cold the last two weeks.  I may get to a lake beach with it this week though.

5 hours ago, PSPR said:

But all this from Minelab got me to buy a Legend as a backup because I didn't want to buy a Nox and have the little brother to the Manticore.  I've mostly been home learning it because the weather here has been wet and cold the last two weeks.  I may get to a lake beach with it this week though.

Uh Oh !  Best not to let this leak out just before Christmas PSPR - Pretty sure you've just relegated yourself to the Minelab NAUGHTY LIST and will therefore get BUMPED to the back of the Manticore waiting line.  Minelab expects patience and LOYALTY from their dedicated customers.

Unrelated  - growing up, did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act?  😉

UtahRich - 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, UtahRich said:

Uh Oh !  Best not to let this leak out just before Christmas PSPR - Pretty sure you've just relegated yourself to the Minelab NAUGHTY LIST and will therefore get BUMPED to the back of the Manticore waiting line.  Minelab expects patience and LOYALTY from their dedicated customers.

Unrelated  - growing up, did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act?  😉

UtahRich - 

Minelab will need to do a lot of sleuthing to figure out who I am from my unrelated moniker.   Texas is a big place to search.

• Haha 2

That's pretty cool you can see that import information, right down to the number of pallets that get imported, I guess they're using Singapore as the main shipping port for Malaysia, that's no surprise.  I'm surprised how few pellets of metal detectors go to such a big country though, sales are a lot less than I thought they would be.  I expected tens of thousands of detectors sold, not in the hundreds to low thousands every few months.

It was interesting there are two importers or their stuff, Minelab America's and JMW Sales. JMW is importing masses of Gold Find's rebranded as National Geographic Pro metal detectors like this one

https://www.amazon.com/NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-PRO-Metal-Detector/dp/B01BP1E2WE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PSPR said:

Let's take a deep dive on Minelab shipments to the U.S.  Free data on this site shows two larger than average shipments in early November to the U.S.  However, they are from Singapore, not Malaysia.

https://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

This page shows those November shipments were metal detectors sent through the Tacoma WA port

https://importkey.com/i/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

Of course, no where are these detectors labeled Manticores and they could be anything from Minelab.

These are most likely warranty parts for the Minelab 6000...😂

strick

• Like 2
  • Haha 6