Axiom Not Just For Gold Nuggets

• The title was changed to Axiom Not Just For Gold Nuggets

Nice gold and nice coin to boot

The coin is in really nice condition too.

Years ago when another company came out with their first PI detector I wasn’t using it to nugget but hitting the beaches from Mississippi to South Texas. I was digging up coins deeper than ever before with that PI .

Texas is just like Florida in it to has a treasure coast if you know where to look. This new PI bye Garrett I do believe is going to fit the bill for me where I left off with the other PI. 
 As much as I hate to admit I’m getting older and in the need of a lighter detector I know the Axiom is just what it’s going to take to keep me detecting a few more years.

So if you down Texas way hunting along the beach and you find two feet sticking up in the air would you be so kind to pull that guy out. It’s probably me I’ve gone and dug a hole deeper than I could get out. That’s just what can happen when hunting on the beach with a PI detector.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

PIs have their place for Relic/Jewelry/Old Coins.  Good on you Steve for realizing the difference of target tone analogy.  Most folks don't pay enough attention when running a Pulse Induction detector to even know low to high and reverse.  

I've yet to try the Axiom at it but have already seen the similarities of other PI's. Yes it does the same. 

Well earned silver. 

• Like 3

A guy seems to focus on the gold often forgetting the old timers mining had a few coins they lose once in awhile.  In my short gold detecting I've popped an 1881 IH, 1905,1896 V's, and some miners in same area showed me a seated half that came thru their large production trommel....in good shape ta boot!

• Like 3

Steve was well versed using the Garrett Infinium, like myself,..Low/High...High/Low Signals were essential to hear...High/Low= 'Hello' Gold usually/occasionally...sounds like the Axiom is similar?.......I'm one of the Fossils who still use my beloved Infinium on Beaches here in Oz...I got the first Infinium No1 in Australia when they were released in 2002?..still going strong, never missed a beat..upgraded twice by Garrett/Australia..the 8" Mono is the best on beaches.....I intend to get the Axiom when they are released here in Australia...at 75 it will be my last.......my Minelab 5000 has never missed a beat since I got one new in 2011....with excellent NF Evo 17 x 13" Mono.....been used Golden Triangle/Victoria..South Australia and Western Australia....I've had a fantastic run with both Minelab & Garrett..or perhaps I'm tooooo soft using my Detectors?..?....Hoo Roo

• Like 7

Hi Larry. You were always one of the few Aussies that had decent things to say about Garrett product, and I always appreciated that fairness on your part. Hard to do sometimes, especially in the face of all the forum detractors prevalent on some of the old forums. Your perspective and experience are welcome here. Cheers! :smile:

• Like 1

Glad you posted this, Steve.  Please don't take seriously the apparent pushback on another thread regarding using this metal detector to detect metal besides the shiny yellow kind.  I think probably my favorite informative article you've written to date is the one about using the White's TDI to find coins.  I still reread that about once per year.  (But I still haven't tried it myself.  I need to find a spot where I won't feel guilty digging deep holes; the IB/VLF's have already found most of the shallower stuff.  Well, that's my excuse, anyway.)

And that's a nice looking century old coin.  The fact it was possibly dropped by a gold miner trying to eek out a living with just manual tools and the sweat of his brow -- even better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1