1000+ Scoops

Wow, what a bonanza! Great job, sure gets tough digging all that. It reminds me of the first time I detected an unhunted campground, but I didn't get much jewelry. 👍 I feel your pain and elation 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're lucky your fall occurred at the beginning of your hunt. All those coins would have buried you if that had happened at the end. That is an epic evening and I'm well aware they don't come around like that often. Things are shaping up here up the coast from you as well but we just don't have the mass of humanity that you do in your area to build up those kind of numbers. Congrats on a great day that would really be most peoples months if not year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, that's amazing how many hours did that take. With all that digging it's surprising you didn't find gold. Nice heavy silver ring is good.

• Thanks 1

This was from about 10-3 AM.  If I would have known I was that far away from 100 quarters I would have kept going but you have to get some sleep sometime.

• Like 3

That is insane…..bet you slept well later on. Like others, I’m surprised there wasn’t more gold. Must be savvy beach goers who choose to leave their gold at home (smart move but I wished they didn’t 😉).

• Thanks 1

That was a phenomenal🤯 hunt MN!! Especially considering the start! You were very lucky not getting hurt, or breaking your equipment!🍀

I rarely hunt in the dark, so I haven't fallen off any erosion cliffs! But in a few places on the Treasure Coast, they are high enough for that to easily happen; day or night! Not to mention the very real threat of a collapse, that can quickly kill you, hunting next to them! It happened to someone here recently that was taking sunrise pictures! He was later found suffocated, with only his legs sticking out!!😔

Your trash to finds ratio was also excellent! Hope next time it produces like that, there is more gold in the mix!

Keep up the good work!!🍀👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One helluva hunt!! I can't believe that no gold showed up either.  Maybe there is another line lower that has more lead and possibly the gold. Either way, nice collection of jewelry and a fantastic coin total!

• Thanks 1

There are no silver coins in the mix.  Most of the coins are 'blown in' from the deep but a few are from the wash down of the bank.  They are stained and corroded with very few with dates in the last couple of years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

You were very lucky not getting hurt, or breaking your equipment!🍀

Joe,

I just realized something about the way I carry my detector that probably made a difference.  I don't wear a cuff!  I just put my elbow in the holder I got from Steve's Rods (the original broke too many times to glue any more) and away I go.  When I fell I let go of the detector and it was not stressed nor my body.