Gold Bug 2 - 6.5" Coil Wiring Pinout Resistance?

Can someone with a working GB2 or the original GB 6.5" coil check with a meter what resistance you get between what pins.

I received what looks to be now or very slightly used 6.5 inch coil, problem is I get no response to metal/gold with it. I checked my working 10" coil and a new (seems to be working) 14" coil and they share the same pinout and similar resistances. I'm using cheap cables and my meter only has one decimal resolution so lets say +/- 0.1k resistance.

Edit 2: Not a GB2 coil. Real GB2 coil has similar resistance and same pinout as the 10 and 14inch coil. Any one want to purchase a 6.5" coil for an unknown machine? It's brand spanking new. I would guess it's a gb or gb pro or a gb clone coil.

Edit 1: I'm starting to think it's a coil for the original Gold Bug that was purposely or accidentally mislabeled. Anyone with the original gold bug coil care to test their coil for me?

6.5" coil <not working>
1-3 = 6.3 ohm
2-4 = 29.7 ohm
Nothing grounded
10" coil
2-3 = 2.2 ohm
4-5 = 18.7 ohm
3-Grounded
14" coil
2-3 = 2.5 ohm
4-5 = 18.0 ohm
3-Grounded

Numbered 2.jpg

• The title was changed to Gold Bug 2 - 6.5" Coil Wiring Pinout Resistance?
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you sure it's not a fake GB2 coil, the Chinese make that exact Gold Bug 2 coil, looks exactly the same as a real coil with the difference being it runs on their FS2 which is a fake Gold Bug Pro clone at 19kHz.

I finally got a working 6.5" gb2 coil yesterday. It's resistance and pinout falls right in line with the 10" and 14" coils.

Anyone want to purchase a 6.5" coil for an unknown machine? I'm guessing it's a coil for the original gb or gb pro.

• Like 1

yup, it'll be a fake Gold Bug Pro coil I'd say.  They made it look exactly like the genuine Gold Bug 2 coil.