One Nugget, At A Time!

Robin and I, had another fun filled hunt at Rye Patch!  I've often been asked if I'd like to find a single one ounce nugget or dozens to equal and ounce.  Well, I like big nuggets just like the next prospector!  But, I'd rather find dozens of nuggets to equal that ouncer...more smiles is my reply!  There are countless great placers in our Western States.  If your close to one, spend the time to learn it.  It will start to give you its secrets and your poke will grow to that one ounce mark, one nugget at a time!  Enjoy, this hobby of ours, picked up crystals to share and watch out for then buzz tails, we got one on this trip!  Until our next hunt

LuckyLundy

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Wow!  Nice haul!  How's the weather out there right now?  

Terry

57 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

had another fun filled hunt at Rye Patch!

Picking up all those nuggets would be fun indeed! 

Roughwater,

This time of the year, it's sketchy at best!  First two days very windy and spitting some rain.  But my hunting party had no skunks and seen some new coils leave dirty with smiles!

Ms Peg,

You had a great trip, yourself...with some of the same weather we enjoyed too, lol

Rick

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

and seen some new coils leave dirty with smiles!

What's your favorite coil right now if you don't mind me asking?

I see you are retired AF?

I worked for the Air Force as a civilian for about 30 years.  Most of that at Newark AFB in Ohio or also known as AGMC (Air Force Guidance and Metrology Center).  But I also worked about 10 yrs at Seymour Johnson. I worked in Communications the entire time in one way or another.  

Terry

• Like 1

Terry,

Yep, I'm Retired US Air Force!  You know during my GP/GPX days, I had to have two of every coil, my Wife had to have the same as me...lol. I've owned them all except the new ones that are out today.  When, it all came down to the most used GPX coil was the stock 11" Mono.  Nowadays, your stuck with the coil that's on the end of the stick with a SDC and GPZ and they are good.  GPZ, isn't much for pin pointing dinks in your pile, but they end up in the poke!

Rick

Nice Rick!!  but wow I feel like a looser now. I was out there last week ,and the ground only gave up a quarter oz for me.

But it was windy, snowy, and rainy every day ,so thats my excuse :smile:

• Like 1

Wes,

I chatted with both your hunting Buddies, after your trip home!  1/4 oz, is always my goal for that area and glad you ended with the same.  I swung a bunch of new ground this last trip with mixed results for a second swing.  There is a ton of sweet spots left in that country, just a matter of putting in the time to find them...catch ya on the next hunt.

Rick

• Like 1

Fred,

Known you for years!  I've learned through life, that I can't make everyone happy with my opinions or views and I will not impose them on my friends... lol

Rick

• Like 1