Testing The Silver Slayer Program In A Ghost Town

9 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, NCt! I had to dig that piece back out of the baggie archive and take a closer look. I was beat when I got home that evening and just noticed it had a cool design but didn't take the time to check it out better. Here's some better photos of it. I looked at the back and it has a spring so it must be the back of an old flashlight. The ER (or RE?) design made me think it might be an early Eveready design, but I haven't been able to find anything that looks like that online yet.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Ā 

Didn't take me long, from a flashlight history website:

From 1901 to 1913 the endcap had a circular type trademark with ER in the middle, the "E" inserted through the "R", and three small points on the outside of the circular trademark band.

From approx. 1913 to 1916, the ER in the middle was changed to "Eveready" in small letters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, JCR and thanks for your fast research F350, your Google-fu is strong!Ā šŸ˜Ā Wow,I didn't think it was that old, I figured 1940s or 50s. So that must have been from the earliest days of the coal mining town, thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Didn't take me long, from a flashlight history website:

From 1901 to 1913 the endcap had a circular type trademark with ER in the middle, the "E" inserted through the "R", and three small points on the outside of the circular trademark band.

From approx. 1913 to 1916, the ER in the middle was changed to "Eveready" in small letters.

Ā 

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, JCR and thanks for your fast research F350, your Google-fu is strong!Ā šŸ˜Ā Wow,I didn't think it was that old, I figured 1940s or 50s. So that must have been from the earliest days of the coal mining town, thanks!

I found the same timeline as well for that Logo, here's a website that shows many of the old flashlights, the Ever-Ready ones are from about midway to the bottom of the page.

http://www.wordcraft.net/flashlight.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1