Need Help To Detect Gold Bars 4-6 Feet Deep

Check out some of the local detector clubs and ask for local help to find it. They will probably have every type of detector made to locate it.

Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Παίρνω το εξάρτημα του σιδερένιου κουτιού. Αλλά ισχυρίζεστε ότι η διαταραχή του εδάφους σε μικρή κλίμακα θα αποκαλυφθεί σε ένα μαγνητόμετρο;

to reach the depth of six feet has surely opened a large pit where the protonic can see it.

the research I am doing is for WWII treasures at great depths... 5-6 feet is not a prohibitive depth and it can detect an object provided the ground is not too conductive and the object will be large enough like for example 40 * 40 . from experience I can recommend you two pulse detectors for this job GPX 5000 with monocoil nf 25 and the German Lorenz Z1 with 2 * 2 frame. The only problem is that you have to be quite experienced with these detectors to understand a deep target.

Something to consider if it wasn't mentioned already, if the property is in town, a residential area, you probably wont get much use out of any of the Minelabs mentioned, as the electrical interference will be too much.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kostas 13 said:

If the place you want to search does not have metal fences and large ferromagnetic metals nearby, the best solution is to use a proton magnetometer that will not detect small metal debris and can see deep inside an iron box. If the treasure is not in an iron box, the proton magnetometer will be able to read the digging done to place the treasure. below I give you two examples.. Iron magnetic target 70 cm at a depth of 3.3 meters. and digging out of an underground structure.

IMG_20221106_002049.jpg

IMG_20221106_002009.jpg

I'm a geophysicist, I have a lot of experience with magnetometers for mineral exploration.  We're looking at using one for this.

There are some buried utilities and we don't know what the gold bars are encased in, it would be nice if it was a ferrous metal container.  They seem to think it's a suitcase or something like that but we don't know.

The utilities and proximity to power lines, septic and other things will probably make the mag difficult to use in this case.  I have a proton mag and we will try it but I have have doubts due to the potential interference.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Check out some of the local detector clubs and ask for local help to find it. They will probably have every type of detector made to locate it.

Good luck.

Yeah that's a good idea.  The client has already gone over the area with a cheap detector.  She has no experience but if it was shallow she probably would have found it.  We should see if we can find a local detector club.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 11:36 AM, Placer Gold said:

Regarding 2 box detectors, I have no experience with those.  Does anyone on here have experience with them?  Can they detect gold bars (the size of a Hershey bar) at 4-6 feet?  I'd like to know before I drop $2k on a machine.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:36 AM, Placer Gold said:

Regarding 2 box detectors, I have no experience with those.  Does anyone on here have experience with them?  Can they detect gold bars (the size of a Hershey bar) at 4-6 feet?  I'd like to know before I drop $2k on a machine.

I am on my second Fisher Gemini 3 Two Box detector and have used them off and on since the 1990s. I carry one whenever I am out prospecting around old Ghost towns and mining camps to search for buried trash/bottle dumps and filled in privy locations.  Over the years, I have found lots of relics and old medicine bottles etc (amongst rusty metal objects), with it.  The Gemini 3 is simple to set up and easy to use. It may not be called "ground balance", but the detector has a turning knob adjustment, (part of the set up), that acts similar to a ground balance feature on a VLF detector. Once set up properly, I rarely had to tweak it any further since it ran smooth and quiet.

One of its best features, IMO, is that it ignores, (doesn't react), to small surface metal items. Refer to manual for detector depth and size of objects capabilities.  www.fisherlab.com  

Based on the information in the manual and my own personal experience, I do not believe the Fisher Gemini 3 Two Box capable of finding a single gold bar of the size indicated. I have detected oil cans and 1 lb coffee can sized metal objects at about 12" deep, and 2 lb cans/buckets at around 24" (or a little more) But if the bars were in a larger metal container or were spread out in a wider target configuration, 3 to 4 ft depth might be possible, IMO.

• Like 3