Need Help To Detect Gold Bars 4-6 Feet Deep

I have and have used a TM808 White's two box. It will find deep targets if the targets are big enough. It will lock onto the biggest individual target, not the combination of all the targets unless they're physically attached to one another. For a gold item 4" X 8" and solid, 4' should be no problem with a two box, or, even a good PI machine with a large coil. 6' would be unlikely with either. Smaller items will reduce the amount of detection depth you will get. As mentioned, I would be skeptical of it being that deep. The initial hole might be a foot or two deep at most if he was digging with hand tools. Did the new owners REALLY add 2 feet of top soil? A few inches I would believe, but, 2 feet? If it actually has two feet of added soil, using a bottle probe might be a bit difficult. It's going to be relatively soft everywhere until you get 2 feet down. At that point, it may be hard to determine hard vs. soft ground further down. I would start with the easiest/cheapest method first. A good detector and some thought about where it would likely be buried. That would usually be within view of a frequently used window or garage/workshop area where he could keep an eye on the site. For sure, try GPR or a magnetometer if you have access to one, if the detector doesn't get results. 

7 hours ago, cudamark said:

I have and have used a TM808 White's two box. It will find deep targets if the targets are big enough. It will lock onto the biggest individual target, not the combination of all the targets unless they're physically attached to one another. For a gold item 4" X 8" and solid, 4' should be no problem with a two box, or, even a good PI machine with a large coil. 6' would be unlikely with either. Smaller items will reduce the amount of detection depth you will get. As mentioned, I would be skeptical of it being that deep. The initial hole might be a foot or two deep at most if he was digging with hand tools. Did the new owners REALLY add 2 feet of top soil? A few inches I would believe, but, 2 feet? If it actually has two feet of added soil, using a bottle probe might be a bit difficult. It's going to be relatively soft everywhere until you get 2 feet down. At that point, it may be hard to determine hard vs. soft ground further down. I would start with the easiest/cheapest method first. A good detector and some thought about where it would likely be buried. That would usually be within view of a frequently used window or garage/workshop area where he could keep an eye on the site. For sure, try GPR or a magnetometer if you have access to one, if the detector doesn't get results. 

Good advice thanks.  I referred them to a reputable GPR company as I don't have a GPR system.  We're trying to find someone with a two box detector or a good PI one with a big coil.  It's worth a shot.