XP 2 Arrived Today, Let The Fun Begin

maxxkatt

I got the XP Deus  2, WS-6, WSA II XL, 9" coils and MI-6. I am ready to learn this baby and have fun.

• Like 5

Go Maxxkatt!

I'm sure you will love it. 👍 Just got the 11" coil today myself, and I have the WSA II headphones as well as the WS6. Going to get a second shaft and have 2 detectors. 🥳

12 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

I got the XP Deus  2, WS-6, WSA II XL, 9" coils and MI-6. I am ready to learn this baby and have fun.

Good news ... I would suggest to start with the GENERAL factory mode , then try other modes , the D2 is a different beast even if you are experienced with a D1 ... Looking fwd for your feedbacks ... 

• Like 1

I think you'll be impressed and I look forward to hearing your reports. I also think the MI-6 is freaking brilliant. Mine is 5 years old and works seamlessly with the D2. It's so nice around people to not have the pinpointer telling everyone to look at me for the next minute while I fiddle in the dirt.

Have Fun!

• Like 3

Congrats, maxxkatt! It's a different critter if you've never used an XP detector, but take your time and learn the sounds it makes and it will tell you a lot. It's taken me a few months to get in tune with it, but now I'm really loving the D2. You will too!

• Like 3

I'll second the vote for the MI-6, although I have found both of mine to have connection issues now and again. Re-pairing helps.

When used in pitch mode (continuous tone) it's like a sonar, and finds targets much deeper and more accurately than my Garrett AT. Don't be afraid to crank it to full sensitivity, if it gets annoying just press the button once. 😀 I do recommend getting a tip protector, they're hard to put on but the shell material is thin. Also be careful about the rear cap, I've already cracked one. You might want to get a spare.

I answered your duplicate post so again congratulations. I love my other detectors but the Deus 2 is really getting to be a precision instrument for me. 🙂

• Like 3

I am going to do the same with a second shaft. I am finding out the menu system is easy to navigate and very logical. At first it was a little confusing. But I am liking the menu system better then the 800 and CTX.

Been hunting with silver slayer at my close by parks that I have hunted for 6 years with AT Pro, 800 and CTX.

haven't found any silver coins but there again it is not noted for silver. But am finding deeper and older clad in areas that I hunted with all three previous detectors.

Silver slayer quiet and to the point it will find coins above 87 and give very good audio and steady digital readouts. Also give a clear indication on deeper targets that is  unmistakable to the ears. Nice to have that very clear audio choices available  in the SS pgm.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to XP 2 Arrived Today, Let The Fun Begin