That's quite a mix in that haul you have there Steve.  Good to see the Axiom is hitting on all sizes of nuggets.  Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1

The sweet smell of competition, love it.

That's a very nice assortment of nuggets of all shapes of sizes, not only that hearing of people finding their first nuggets with it within a short time frame of use means it's clearly not difficult to use or understand which should be a big bonus for the African market that appears to like simple to use machines that just work with little understanding of why or how, a true tool for the job at hand.  Simplicity without over doing it.

• Like 4

very nice gold there Steve, well done, and well done Axiom as well

cheers dave

Nice job Steve. I'm glad Garrett had an open mind to your suggestions and then implemented them. Rare these days for a company to actually listen to it's customers. Looking forward to getting ahold of one in the Spring as the weather now is to the point that I won't be able to use one until then.

• Like 1

Sad to say, but the Australian market will not reflect the actual quality and performance of the Axiom. The US$-AU$ exchange rate will simply kill it. With Minelab's strangle-hold on the market here, the cost for those wanting 'a change' against the current ML range will be prohibitive. Perhaps Africa will be the same.... Great design and it deserves to be popular. Its just that  the rest of the world wont be able to afford it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Sad to say, but the Australian market will not reflect the actual quality and performance of the Axiom. The US$-AU$ exchange rate will simply kill it. With Minelab's strangle-hold on the market here, the cost for those wanting 'a change' against the current ML range will be prohibitive. Perhaps Africa will be the same.... Great design and it deserves to be popular. Its just that  the rest of the world wont be able to afford it.

I thought so also until I was at the rally in Oz. The Axiom does cost less than the 6000 there, and I talked to plenty of people who were going to buy one. It may not make a dent in Minelab there per se, but they will definitely make some sales.

• Like 4

Yep, looking like about $7385 AUD now, so just under the going sort of $7999 price of the 6000.

Perhaps if the USD falls back down to earth at some point they'll be able to reduce the price a bit more to be more in line with the price differences seen in the US between the Axiom and GPX although I don't expect the price difference to ever be that good where the Axiom is significantly cheaper than the 6000.

Another way to look at it is the USA customers pay significantly higher pricing for the GPX at about $9200 AUD.

• Like 1