Yeah we`ve heard about NZs only have little ones, over and over, now your hinting they`ve been undetectable coz they overload the detector, we wont shame ya.... much.... come on we want the story.😉

• Haha 1

Aye, doubt one of us have not left a big booming signal that turns out was a nugget. I think I`ve told of my first, "left one that I know of", a number of times on DP. 

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, I will be helping you getting all the nails out of CA's mine pits. Everytime I think I finally got them all I find more...Re booming signals, that reminds me of a deep traget I once had with the Z/19 in Quartzsite . The day light was almost gone and I only dug a foot deep with the target getting louder. Since it was total night time then and I did not bring my headlight, I gave up and drove  all the way back home, thinking to myself it would just be rubbish anyhow. Then, it started to hunt me. The next 3 days were pure hell and all I could think of was this target that I left in the ground. It got so bad that I finally had to take 2 additional days off, drove back to Quartzite and kept digging the hole. About 2 1/2 feet down I finally recovered the target, a rusty old tin can. But despite the obvious disappointment, my soul was at peace. And It was worth it!

GC

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks Steve, I will be helping you getting all the nails out of CA's mine pits. Everytime I think I finally got them all I find more...Re booming signals, that reminds me of a deep traget I once had with the Z/19 in Quartzsite . The day light was almost gone and I only dug a foot deep with the target getting louder. Since it was total night time then and I did not bring my headlight, I gave up and drove  all the way back home, thinking to myself it would just be rubbish anyhow. Then, it started to hunt me. The next 3 days were pure hell and all I could think of was this target that I left in the ground. It got so bad that I finally had to take 2 additional days off, drove back to Quartzite and kept digging the hole. About 2 1/2 feet down I finally recovered the target, a rusty old tin can. But despite the obvious disappointment, my soul was at peace. And It was worth it!

GC

Must be a true story GC, that's the way I remember you telling it back in Aug when we met up in RP. I just hope I can remember it the next time it happens to me!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BMc said:

Must be a true story GC, that's the way I remember you telling it back in Aug when we met up in RP. I just hope I can remember it the next time it happens to me!

Hey BMc, good to hear from you again. I enjoyed our chat at RP. Will PM you.

GC 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

GC

That's a story I can identify with. I have left targets like that, and literally had them bug me for a year. In two cases in particular, I dug them both a year later, and both were cans. Both were in places nuggets weighing over a pound had been dug, and I just knew I may have left the big one. Not. But yeah, what you are describing does happen, and is another reason not to leave certain targets behind. The ones we know we should dig, but don't for some reason. In my case both times, I was at end of day and worn out. Both were in remote Alaska locations, which is why it took a year to get back to them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My best find was when a friend demanded I finish digging a target I had thought was an iron target, I was a foot down and started to backfill  the hole. He said just dig  the damned thing before someone else does. So I dug down and found my best find since I began nuggethunting. You just never know when it will come your way, always a surprise and when you least expect it.

• Like 7