Went To A West Coast Spanish Site And Dug A Hammered!

Top notch stuff guys, interesting rare token and that seated half looks like someone tried to fold it. πŸ‘ always interesting to see the cash coins! I've only found one in an unlikely spot.

Congrats to both of you. πŸ† You're right, I'm happy to find a button or two.

• Like 2

Awesome hunt for both you guys. 😍That token is in great shape and the seated half is an  "O" mint! You can tell the site has some age to it. Is that a Henry cartridge?

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Top notch stuff guys, interesting rare token and that seated half looks like someone tried to fold it. ....

Β 

Yes, it was semi-folded.Β  Like a taco-shell.Β  Β I bent it back out in a vice, between two pieces of wood.Β  But .... stillΒ  bit warbled.Β  Doh !Β 

• Like 3

Nice finds! Hope to get down that way to hunt with you one of these days Tom. When I have time we can meet up and walk around my family ranches to look for the signs of that old spanish settlement from the 1700's. I know one of them is right in the close proximity if not directly on it.

• Like 3

Glad to hear that you are doing much better Brian and glad that you had a chance to get out there to do some hunting.

Great finds for both of you and glad that you shared the hunt with us.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matt said:

Nice finds! Hope to get down that way to hunt with you one of these days Tom. When I have time we can meet up and walk around my family ranches to look for the signs of that old spanish settlement from the 1700's. I know one of them is right in the close proximity if not directly on it.

What state is your family ranch in, that you feel there was Spanish west colonial activity in/at ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work you guys..The square hole in the token from a square nail I'd guess and wondering why that would be..very interesting and it great shape Brian...then the half seated...something to dream of nice show fellas.

strickΒ 

Chuck what's interesting is that the ID'd example of the token I found on a French website is also holed, and in a lot worse condition.Β  Kind of amazing the one I dug traveled by ship all the way to the west and is in far better condition.

image.png.ae6e7f0397eef0d3b9e4bb548b29d31b.png

@palzynski given you're in a country I'd almost expect a token like this to be dug, can you tell us if these are collectable over there?Β  Would this be considered a good find over there, or something common?

• Like 2