Went To A West Coast Spanish Site And Dug A Hammered!

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Top notch stuff guys, interesting rare token and that seated half looks like someone tried to fold it. 👍 always interesting to see the cash coins! I've only found one in an unlikely spot.

Congrats to both of you. 🏆 You're right, I'm happy to find a button or two.

Oddly on past trips to this site we've found quite a few buttons and some really good ones at times, but aside from eyeballing the mother of pearl button on the surface, the only other button was a tiny ball button.

Thanks, and HH!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Until you get your hands on a Manticore?  Nice finds for both of you, and count me as one who would be over the moon finding a 1858-O half in that condition.

This is one of those sites I just don't know if the Manticore would open up from what I've read from Tom Dankowski and Mark Lawrie have discussed, but after I've learned the machine, I'd try it there after a good rain, I think that opens this site up a bit.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Awesome hunt for both you guys. 😍That token is in great shape and the seated half is an  "O" mint! You can tell the site has some age to it. Is that a Henry cartridge?

Thanks!  Yep those are Henry rim-fire cartridges.  Except for rim-fire and pin-fires, I really despise digging bullet shells, but rim-fire and pin-fires are great age indicators. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Elbert said:

As usual great finds Brian and Tom. WTG.

Thanks El, hope you're doing well and getting out!

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Glad to hear that you are doing much better Brian and glad that you had a chance to get out there to do some hunting.

Great finds for both of you and glad that you shared the hunt with us.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks!  Kaiser sent me in for a Covid PCR test and a chest X-ray and both were negative, but they didn't give me anything until I was a bit more forceful and told them I'd really like to enjoy Halloween festivities with my four year old daughter, please give me antibiotics 😣  As expected that took care of things

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deathray said:

Dude!! That's killer!!!

Thanks!  Super unexpected, heck at first Tom thought it was kids play money, but after I cleaned it up, I could tell it was old but still had no idea what it was until I hit google haha  You have to love this hobby, you just never know what will turn up!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

image.png.ae6e7f0397eef0d3b9e4bb548b29d31b.png

@palzynski given you're in a country I'd almost expect a token like this to be dug, can you tell us if these are collectable over there?  Would this be considered a good find over there, or something common?

Hi cal_cobra , yes such Nuremberg tokens are quite frequent over here , they are made of thin copper and they date from the 16 to 17th century . I found 2 nuremberg tokens this summer . They are relatively common but I like to find them ... 

Here an example of a nuremberg token that can be found in France :
ROUYER - X. JETONS DE NUREMBERG Jeton de compte au type du gold gulden n.d. fjt_515659 Jetons (cgb.fr)

In the US I imagine that they are ( very ) rare artefacts , then congrats for your token ... 🙂

• Like 6