There's Still Big Gold In Western Australia!

Aureous

"Just remember we're going halves?"  :laugh:  I always figured Aussies have a good sense of humor.

I also like his downplaying in the size, although he probably meant "over an ounce."  Eventually he said it might be worth as much as 10,000 (AUD).  If that's only an ounce then my dinks shouldn't even register on an 0.01 g scale.

I would have thought it would be covered in that red soil, although maybe the finder washed it before they got it on camera?

Good stuff.

• Like 1

And that's big gold? Good grief! If they got so excited over that bit, what would be the reaction if they found a real big piece?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

And that's big gold? Good grief! If they got so excited over that bit, what would be the reaction if they found a real big piece?

your right Reg, sure a couple of ounce bit is nice, but it's not really life changing

cheers dave

• Like 2

Nowadays, When 95% of the prospecting population finds 99% of their gold thats under 5 grams, yes a 2.6 ouncer IS big. AU$7,000 at most. What I wanna know is how does he know how big his friends 'doodle' is?.....:rolleyes:

• Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1