There's Still Big Gold In Western Australia!

Aureous

Well I'm 68 years old, I've been around, I'm Australian, like it or not we do talk like that, at times. Such a time was the circumstances in that video. The excitement was infectious and real so I personally didn't mind it. For those that didn't I understand, they did get a bit carried away, but that's what people do when there's a camera involved. It's a nice find and I'm trying to relate it to my finds, not as good as that one but a 23 grammer found with my dad, not one woop or holler. Sniping with two young guys who had never found gold, a 30 gram day for basically their first trip, some quiet high fives at weigh in. But sniping is different the excitement is spread out over the entire day. A bit carried away yes, but it was a nice nugget so let them have their moment. 

When I found a sunbaker over 5½ ounces I got on the 2way and said "Chicken to-night" Carol answered "I'm coming over to see how well you cooked it". That was one of our codes when detecting because a lot of EARS out there. It was hard to keep the WOW in.😂

Jar175gmAuNugget.thumb.jpg.ed1d74f28ac4e3844ec7950a52069284.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 2

What did you do with that one on top?

19 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

What did you do with that one on top?

I have it in the kid's inherence. Most of our nuggets above a dwt are still in the collection with the exception of specimens. Most of which have been crushed, refined and sold.    

• Like 1

GJ Yeah, I did a similar thing in NT on a Doug Stone tour called the wife over said I was out of water, she come over with a canteen of water but no detector, a half dozen of others came over with their detectors.... 🤪 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Norvic said:

GJ Yeah, I did a similar thing in NT on a Doug Stone tour called the wife over said I was out of water, she come over with a canteen of water but no detector, a half dozen of others came over with their detectors.... 🤪 

You need to tell the wife you need a kiss.  She would be the only one interested in giving you that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

I have it in the kid's inherence. Most of our nuggets above a dwt are still in the collection with the exception of specimens. Most of which have been crushed, refined and sold.    

Will you adopt me so I can get a chance at that nugget?  That's killer stuff.

• Haha 4

WA was never very kind to me. Best effort was a 6oz speci. Mostly small stuff.

Sold nearly all the gold I ever found. Porsches or gold? If you've ever driven a Carrera the answer is easy.

You only live once, and if you do it right, once is enough.

PS I have to say that is one very pretty piece. Don't blame you for keeping it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, geof_junk said:

When I found a sunbaker over 5½ ounces I got on the 2way and said "Chicken to-night" Carol answered "I'm coming over to see how well you cooked it". That was one of our codes when detecting because a lot of EARS out there. It was hard to keep the WOW in.😂

Thanks for using a US Quarter for us Yanks. LOL   Very nice chicken by the way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Jar175gmAuNugget.thumb.jpg.ed1d74f28ac4e3844ec7950a52069284.jpg

That's one of the nicest nuggets I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Like art, it's all in the eye of the beholder, and that one just really appeals to me, interspersed with pure whites chunks of quartz as it is. A real trophy for sure, congratulations!

I guess I am a low brow sort. I'm rather proud of the fact, that as an old Alaskan prospector, I can peel the paint off a can with language alone. And yet also be the perfect gentleman. But it's nice to have all the tools available when called for in my verbal toolkit, and sometimes I just think a little cussing, or a lot, is called for. Very few people have ever experienced the full force of my verbal shotgun, but it is a force to be reckoned with! :smile:

Here on the forum, profanity most certainly is not called for as a rule, and I tend to be a prissy little thing, deleting or changing any profanity to be more innocuous. Videos though, well, if there is a warning, don't be complaining if you ignore the warning. That is what warnings are for! So please, I have no issue at all with posting videos, but please do post a warning also as was done in this case, if their are viewer concerns. Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2