Bone Conduction Headphone Question.

MFF18B

For those more mechanically inclined than I, would it be possible to either build an adapter for the bone conduction headphone that allows it to connect to the WS4 Wireless Headphone Adapter 1/8 audio jack output or replace the traditional attachment on the bone conductor headphones with a 1/8 plug?

It is absolutely possible to make adapters for the Bonephones as long as you have the wiring diagram for the XP multi-pin connector. However I don't know of anyone who has that information except XP.

• Like 1

4&5 are for bone phone connections. 4 neg. 5 pos. You must use 4&5 for bone phones. Square tones only.
1&2 are for speakers, PWM and square tones.

9502CC85-645E-4C00-81E2-87FD5B7CD6F4.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Carolina said:

4&5 are for bone phone connections. 4 neg. 5 pos. You must use 4&5 for bone phones. Square tones only.
1&2 are for speakers, PWM and square tones.

9502CC85-645E-4C00-81E2-87FD5B7CD6F4.jpeg

Thanks for posting that Carolina, that's awesome! So what is the 3 pin for?

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks for posting that Carolina, that's awesome! So what is the 3 pin for?

Hay, I don’t know everything 🤣. Maybe charging or updates in conjunction with 6.

• Haha 2

I fiddle with phones a lot and Excal circuit boards. This is a set of speaker phones I made for the Deus ll.

C7C30F11-EDBB-4AB7-B640-ADF0DFB05322.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Very nice! I assume they are waterproof? They remind me of the Tony Eisenhowers for the Nox. Well done.

Same MSA muffs he uses with extra sound retention material. Thank you.

• Like 1

Carolina,

Very nice.  I learned many years ago in the Army that for some reason electronics/radio stuff just doesn’t click with me and I can never wrap my head around any of it.  So looking at your diagram, it should be possible to cut the adapter off the end of the bone phones and replace with a 1/8 adapter as long as the positive and negative were connected correctly?  Additionally, only square tones would be able to be utilized?  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, MFF18B said:

Carolina,

Very nice.  I learned many years ago in the Army that for some reason electronics/radio stuff just doesn’t click with me and I can never wrap my head around any of it.  So looking at your diagram, it should be possible to cut the adapter off the end of the bone phones and replace with a 1/8 adapter as long as the positive and negative were connected correctly?  Additionally, only square tones would be able to be utilized?  Thanks again.

Yes to both questions. I do believe they sell a RC jack adapter that you could use for 15/20 $. If you are submerging it then you could buy the proper size waterproof shrink wrap and enclose it. That might be easier. I used waterproof shrink wrap to connect the waterproof connector with 24” of cable to the phones above after I soldered the connections. I did not know about the adapter at that time.  No problems fully submerged since February. 

F65821E2-5437-4796-AE56-E0E1348BD588.jpeg

• Like 2