Threshold Problems With The Legend

DSMITH

here is an email I just sent to Andy at We dig 

OK Andy as you requested and discussed on the Phone

without the Bluetooth activated in the Legend the threshold seems to work fine

the below findings are with the Bluetooth activated in the Legend control pod using various wireless earbuds and the supplied wireless headphones from Nokta/Macro

using a set of Black Shark T4 earbuds they are low latency at35 Ms here is what I found with these there is no threshold sound until you set the threshold at a setting of 9-30 the volume has to be at 6 in the control pod at a volume setting of 5-1 there is no sound it was the same with several other brands of low latency earbuds

with the Nokta/Macro supplied wireless headphones my findings below

volume of 2 on control pod there is no threshold sound until the legend is set at a
threshold of 6 at a threshold setting of 1-5 there is no threshold sound

At a volume of 3 on the control pod there is no threshold sound until you are at a setting of 4 on the threshold settings no threshold sound below a setting of 4

with volume set at 4 there is no threshold sound until at a threshold setting of 3 volume level at 5 it is the same as volume level 4 no threshold sound until a threshold setting of 3

at a volume setting of 6 on the control pod you can hear the threshold sound at a
setting of 2 -30, but at a threshold setting of 1 again there is no threshold sound at a 1 setting

I hope this all makes since and yes I think Nokta/Macro looks into this or at the vary least informs Legend users of my findings

Thanks Andy for taking the time to read this and informing Nokta/Macro

the last thing I will say the issue is not with the Earbuds or the supplied Nokta/Macro wireless headphones because all the earbuds I tested and the supplied wireless headphones that came with the Legend works flawlessly when I connect them to a wireless Bluetooth transmitter that I use with my Garret 24K it is something in the Bluetooth in the Legend, I believe

• Like 1

So threshold varies between headphones? My guess is there are variations between the brands and how they respond to the unit. Not a big deal really. I use the Makro Multi Kruzer and with the wireless headphones volume of 3-4 is plenty loud but if I use the waterproof headphones I have to set the volume to 10.  More of a quirk than a bug.

Just now, kac said:

So threshold varies between headphones? My guess is there are variations between the brands and how they respond to the unit. Not a big deal really. I use the Makro Multi Kruzer and with the wireless headphones volume of 3-4 is plenty loud but if I use the waterproof headphones I have to set the volume to 10.  More of a quirk than a bug.

on the Legend its not really a variance in the headphones it is something with the Legend because all the earbuds and the wireless Nokta/Macro headphones I tried worked with a Bluetooth transmitter that I purchased to use with the 24K all of them worked flawlessly with the wireless transmitter, the wireless headphones that came with the Legend does the same thing as the wireless earbuds just the Nokta/Macro wireless headphone work a little better then the earbuds with the Legend 

• Like 1

@DSMITH  My Legend is the same as yours with the supplied Nokta HPs. 
I run the master detector volume at 4 and start getting a background hum at Threshold volume setting 3. This works fine for me. Not sure where the separate HP volume is set but about mid way.

If you adjust the master detector volume up/down it effects every volume there is.

• Like 1

I answered on a different forum.

Same for me. 

The current software version for the threshold when using Bluetooth is waaaaaay better than the earlier attempts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I answered on a different forum.

Same for me. 

The current software version for the threshold when using Bluetooth is waaaaaay better than the earlier attempts.

I will agree with you on that