Back To The 9 Today, Spectacle'ur!

2 minutes ago, PimentoUK said:

Your mystery coin/button may be a weight.
If it were my find, I would give it a weak acid soak to remove the patina. Then evidence may show itself, for example makers marks, certification marks, etc.

Thanks, What sort of acid? I have some for testing gold, but I've never done that. πŸ€” Suppose I could also tumble it...

• Like 1

Nice day out Bob,

Glad your fields continue to produce!! Wish I could say the same for our beaches!

Thought the hurricane would kick up some good stuff on the beachs here, but only if I wanted to open a lumber and hardware, beach Tiki Hut!!🀣

πŸ€πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Haha 4

Just now, Joe D. said:

Nice day out Bob,

Glad your fields continue to produce!! Wish I could say the same for our beaches!

Thought the hurricane would kick up some good stuff on the beachs here, but only if I wanted to open a lumber and hardware, beach Tiki Hut!!🀣

πŸ€πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks Rich, I'm just glad you got through it and got out detecting. Bet there were lots of coils out there! 😡

• Like 1

Β  Β I'd check with Chase on what concoction to soak in, since he is very familiar with the types of stuff you find, and soil conditions there!!

Β  Β I would say less is more! Weakest mix first, whatever you use! And value of found object to you "as is", to risk a harsher result!πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 2

Diluted lemon juice, about 5:1 thru 10:1 would be a simple recipe. Brush regularly with a soft brush, like an old toothbrush.
If you want slightly more 'pro' and less 'kitchen' , use citric acid powder, diluted appropriately ( I can't say what mix ratios ) Citric acid powder is used as a cleaner, and also in home brewing & cooking , if that helps find a supplier.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PimentoUK said:

Diluted lemon juice, about 5:1 thru 10:1 would be a simple recipe. Brush regularly with a soft brush, like an old toothbrush.
If you want slightly more 'pro' and less 'kitchen' , use citric acid powder, diluted appropriately ( I can't say what mix ratios ) Citric acid powder is used as a cleaner, and also in home brewing & cooking , if that helps find a supplier.

Lemon juice, I have. πŸ‘ Thanks!

Some nice finds there. If that was a coin of sorts then the rim would be on both sides. Could be a button that might have been enameled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kac said:

Some nice finds there. If that was a coin of sorts then the rim would be on both sides. Could be a button that might have been enameled.

Yeah that's not dirt on one side, it is melted in the center. Maybe someone tried to re-attach a shank. πŸ€”

• Like 1