Back To The 9 Today, Spectacle'ur!

Possibly a wax seal stamp, wold have a post on the back that fit to a wood handle.

Careful cleaning you might see a pattern on the rim side.

• Like 1

Some great stuff there. Now that is relic hunting at it's best.

• Thanks 1

Great hunt again, F350! Congrats on the buttons and IHP! I got to go back to the old mining town I hit a couple of weeks ago. I must say I am really getting into the relic hunting with the D2 and see why you love it so much. 😎

• Thanks 1

Great hunt again with a real nice looking IH.

Good luck on cleaning up the button and good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Some great stuff there. Now that is relic hunting at it's best.

Thanks Rick. I'm glad to be back in the fields. 🙂

8 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great hunt again, F350! Congrats on the buttons and IHP! I got to go back to the old mining town I hit a couple of weeks ago. I must say I am really getting into the relic hunting with the D2 and see why you love it so much. 😎

Thanks Cap'n.

I always check out your posts, your "digs" may be a bit "newer", but they really tell a story of the ghost towns. Thanks for posting too! Keeps me inspired. 👍

I love my Equinox, but yeah, I'm really starting to settle in on the D2, trying new stuff. It's an option-packed machine. I almost wish the Equinox was as flexible (600) so the learning curve would have been easier, but I also appreciate its simplicity, and bless the guy who sold it to me. He also sold me the D2. 😀

I think those of us who "stuck with it" will reap rewards. I'm hoping to get out there with Chase more in the upcoming season and really make that thing sing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Congrats on those nice finds Bob!   I’m beginning to think the 9” coil is really the goldilocks size of coils.  I’m surprised other companies like minelab don’t offer a 9” stock coil.  

Thanks NC, like with my Equinox, I'm getting the confidence that if it's out there and I get my coil over it, I'll get it. 😀

Having tried the 11, it was a joy to go out all day from 9 to 4 and not have a single cramp or issue. Believe me when I say I work for these finds, it can be a long time with no digging in a field as huge as this one. The smaller field was pretty much shooting fish in a barrel, but it was still a lot of walking and the 11 made it a bit more trifling.

Today I'm stuck inside due to Nicole 🤬, and I generally don't hunt on the weekends unless Chase comes down. I have a coil centering device coming today, and got the Detector Pro sling that Strick recommended for use with both if I use a larger coil.

I love the 9", it's just the same as the 10x5 on my Equinox, quick to find a target, quick to dig accurately, and quick to move on. 😀 I'm gonna say yet again that I can cover as much ground in equal time to someone with a big coil like the 15, simply because of the speed and accuracy. Depth has never proven to be an issue, but I'll be borrowing a 15 soon for the Equinox to prove it to myself. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt again with a real nice looking IH.

Good luck on cleaning up the button and good luck on your next outing.

Thanks VL!

I'll try the lemon juice thing first, and if that doesn't work I'll tumble it. Pencils and toothpicks can't touch that crud. Bronze Disease is a serious matter, we should start a foundation. 🤣

• Like 1