Metal Detecting Companies Run By A Finance Guru

It's pleasant wildly differing options don't end up in a boxing match with verbal abuse being thrown around from all directions. 

I like how Garrett are giving it the personal touch, not just seen as a machine pumping out detectors. 

I had a bit of a fondness for Garrett though, some of my best times detecting have been with my Euro-Ace, it really kicked things off for me so much I upgraded it to the Ace 300i to get Target ID's rather than just notches even though at the time I had far superior high end detectors, I just really like the Ace detectors in my soil, with a big coil on they're superb on deep silver coins.  I know people in tougher soil conditions probably think I'm even more nutty but the Ace is still one of my best detectors on deep silver in mild low trash soils for depth and even Target identification, I wouldn't feel at all hindered if I picked it up.  I'd use it even more if it didn't have doorbell tones, that's the only thing I don't like about it as they're quite embarrassing for a speaker user with no volume control 🙂

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you want to run a business, get somebody that knows how to run a business. You know, like Peter Charlesworth, the guy that runs the most successful detector company in the world, and who probably thinks metal detecting is dull as dirt.

Here's a great interview with Minelab boss Peter Charlesworth.. He doesn't come across as a 'finance guru' but more as a clever electronics engineer with good business sense.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1